ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canceling a visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shazz90
Newly Registered

Canceling a visa

Post by shazz90 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:30 pm

Hey guys i need some help, i had a arranged marriage about 2 years ago an tried my best to make it work, my wife has been granted a visa but has said to me she doesnt think this will work out but wants me to let her come over on the visa an get ILR, i want to get it canceled as i spent the last 2 years of my life trying to get her here for what i thought was a genuine relationship but she's made it clear she just wants to get to the UK, families have got invovled but its my decision an i want to cancel it as she's made me spend my time an money for something she already knew was not going to work out, i've tried to look it up but all i find is to write to the HO but that won't stop her from coming here now she's got the visa an once she's here i'm sure she'd got things planned, i just feel cheated an its made me a bit bitter to be honest, anyway if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great, thx guys.

Sincejune

Re: Canceling a visa

Post by Sincejune » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:03 am

shazz90 wrote:Hey guys i need some help, i had a arranged marriage about 2 years ago an tried my best to make it work, my wife has been granted a visa but has said to me she doesnt think this will work out but wants me to let her come over on the visa an get ILR, i want to get it canceled as i spent the last 2 years of my life trying to get her here for what i thought was a genuine relationship but she's made it clear she just wants to get to the UK, families have got invovled but its my decision an i want to cancel it as she's made me spend my time an money for something she already knew was not going to work out, i've tried to look it up but all i find is to write to the HO but that won't stop her from coming here now she's got the visa an once she's here i'm sure she'd got things planned, i just feel cheated an its made me a bit bitter to be honest, anyway if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great, thx guys.
Email UKVI Sheffield or home office with her name visa reference number explain your situation and they will cancel it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Canceling a visa

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:34 am

When a relationship has broken now and the sponsor is withdrawing their support there is now a specific UKVI form to complete online.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nsent-form
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.