ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Asia2017
Newly Registered

ILR Question

Post by Asia2017 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:53 am

Can anyone tell me if ILR automatically ceases when one becomes a British citizen? Is there any evidence to support this? Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Question

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:15 am

ILR becomes void (together with the BRP) once British citizenship is granted

"46. As can be seen, the general provisions in the 1971 Act regarding leave to enter and remain are expressly stated not to apply where a person is a British citizen. We do not consider that it is compatible with the scheme of that Act to regard indefinite leave to remain (or any other sort of leave) as having some sort of vestigial existence, whilst the person concerned remains a British citizen. A person cannot be both a British citizen and concurrently subject to indefinite leave to remain"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Asia2017
Newly Registered

Post by Asia2017 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:19 am

Many thanks Casa.

Really apprceiate this

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:28 am

Asia2017 wrote:Many thanks Casa.

Really apprceiate this
Welcome to the forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:51 am

mdtaifurrahman wrote:Hello guys,

In case my ILR is refused (Tire 2, 5 years route), can I immediately apply for a Tire 2 again with a new employer? Is there any rule such that I can not apply for a new ILR (with a new Tire 2 with new employer) or an extension for Tire 2 within a week/15 days etc after failing with an ILR application?

All the bests

This has no relevance to the other member's thread you've high jacked. Please open your own topic.
(Casa, not CR001)

mdtaifurrahman
Newly Registered

Post by mdtaifurrahman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:10 pm

sorry it was pasted by mistake. I did not high jack it. I posted as a new post immediately after I realized I pasted my query here inadvertently. I hope you can answer there. Cheers