ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for Children

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

galatie

British Passport for Children

Post by galatie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:24 pm

Hi all,

My husband, who has been in the UK for almost six years now, just received his permanent residency today.

We would like our children to have a British passport - our son was born in October 2014, and our other son was born last month, both were born in the UK, but one was born before my husband acquired PR, and one was born after.

Can someone please direct me as to which forms we need to fill out for each of them, and what the next steps should be?

Thank you very much.

noajthan

Re: British Passport for Children

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:22 am

galatie wrote:Hi all,

My husband, who has been in the UK for almost six years now, just received his permanent residency today.

We would like our children to have a British passport - our son was born in October 2014, and our other son was born last month, both were born in the UK, but one was born before my husband acquired PR, and one was born after.

Can someone please direct me as to which forms we need to fill out for each of them, and what the next steps should be?

Thank you very much.
Child #1: register as citizen; form MN1.
Section 1(3) entitlement.

Get form.
Apply; eg via NCS.
Wait for success.
Apply for passport.
Wait for passport.
Live life.

Child #2: British; shoot directly for passport.
Form from PO.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications

Get form.
Apply.
Wait for passport.
Live life.

Pro tip: Beware of bungling HO and/or HMPO staff who refuse applications due to misunderstanding date of issue of PRC versus date of acquisition of PR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.