ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maximum number of days outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rockey2016
Newly Registered

Maximum number of days outside UK

Post by Rockey2016 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:37 am

Hi, I have a quick query regarding, maximum number of days a Tier-2 General visa holder and its dependent can stay outside UK to retain their 5 year continuous residence?

I remember, sometime ago somewhere on UKBA website I had seen some number (around 450) it was shown as maximum number of days a Tier-2 person can be outside UK in his/her continuous 5 years period.

I am a Tier-2 General visa holder, in current eligibility rules for tier-2 general, at:
https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... neral-visa

it is mentioned that
"you’ve been living and working in the UK for 5 years and spent no more than 180 days outside the UK in any 12 months"

My questions is, what happened to above maximum number of days (450) outside UK rule? has UKVI removed this rule for ILR eligibility?

Our ILR is due next year March. In last 4.5 years,
- I have already spent in total 190 days outside UK
- my wife has spent 434 days outside UK (without breaking 180 days rule)

my wife is planning to stay in India for 96 days in this trip, so in total it would be 529 days outside UK by the time she applies for ILR (next March).
would this create a problem? is she breaking ILR 5 years continuous period?

Any help in this regard will be a great help, we are arranging the air tickets, if we get an answer to this query before arranging tickets then it will be great.
Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Maximum number of days outside UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:26 am

Absence limits are no more than 180 days in a 12 month cycle (ie 180 days x 5 years = 900 days) for ILR.

These absence limits do not apply to dependents although absences should be limited and for good reason and proof of 'subsisting marriage' will need to be provided for ILR.

450 days you state is for citizenship applications.

P.S. UKBA was disbanded in 2013. It is UKVI now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rockey2016
Newly Registered

Re: Maximum number of days outside UK

Post by Rockey2016 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Thanks for your reply.

P.S. I wrote UKBA as when I read those terms & conditions it was UKBA website :-).
Once again, appreciate your quick reply.