ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR second attend- life in uk test twice??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rach0802
Newly Registered

ILR second attend- life in uk test twice??

Post by rach0802 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi all, looking for a bit of advice or wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience...

Arrived in the country 11 years ago, as a child dependent of my step-father (whose dad is a british citizen). When it came to applying for ILR, I was encouraged to apply via the ancestry route- which was obviously wrong as I've not heard of that working for a step-grandad before! Visa was extended for 2.5 years and I can now apply again for ILR under the 10 year route.

However, also in the refusual letter it stated that "the secratary of state is not satisfied you have demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the english language and sufficient knowledge about life in the united kingdom in according with appendix KoLL"

What happened here, was that I sat the life in the UK test after my application had been sent (only a few days after) and the pass letter was sent to the home office. However, I'm confused as to whether they even recieved it or not...or is it just that because the pass letter wasn't sent at the correct time it doesn't count?

Rang the home office "help line" and they basically said if I've sat/passed it already I don't need to do it again, just send a covering letter stating that. They said there is no way of proving to me that they have the certificate on record, until my application for ILR has been sent. I am worried that there was a problem with my original certificate, or even if they have it at all?
Do you think to be on the safe side I should just sit the life in the uk test again? It would be awful to go through the whole process again just to get the application refused for something that could be avoided??

Thanks!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR second attend- life in uk test twice??

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:18 pm

Did you also submit a pass certificate in B1 level English awarded by an approved test provider?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

s1344678

Re: ILR second attend- life in uk test twice??

Post by s1344678 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:31 pm

When did you pass it, in 2016? Did you take note of the reference number? Or a photo of your certificate?

Also, if you did your test in 2016, were the test questions similar to https://lituktest.com/life-in-the-uk-test/ ?