ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name Change

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adiraian
Newly Registered

Name Change

Post by adiraian » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:28 am

Hi there,

I am going to change Surname on my wife's passport subsequent to marriage.My wife has been granted discretionary leave to remain. As we are going to change the surname on her Indian passport,what is the procedure ?

Do i need to inform HO ?
Do we need to transfer her visa to new passport?

You don’t have to transfer your visa - you can carry both your old and new passports when travelling to or from the UK instead. - I found this on the UKVI website but i beleive this will suit when some one getting a new passport after the old one expired or any other reason with the same name,However my case is different she will be having a different surname .

So please advise me.

I have tried to contact UKVI but it goes around and could't get in touch with the customer service.

BR

adiraian
Newly Registered

Re: Name Change

Post by adiraian » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:19 pm

Surprised to see there is no reply form the forum..

Anyway managed to find out. We must inform and apply for new biometric card for any personal info changes