ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Jobs in Retail Banking/Sales

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rkrohela
BANNED

HSMP Jobs in Retail Banking/Sales

Post by rkrohela » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:38 pm

Dear friends,

I have landed 15 days back in UK, on the HSMP Visa. I have MBA Degree in Marketing and 2 years of experience in banking in a reputed bank in India.

I am open to working in sales/customer service/PR or any suitable graduate role, with a view to extend my HSMP. If anyone of you can provide some guidance or opportunity, I shall be grateful.

Other HSMP Holders who are working in similar fields, please share your experience for the benefit of all.

You can mail me at rkrohela@gmail.com
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:46 pm

go on mailing yr cv like sweets , daily atleast 500+ shot

make aware mkt u r here

u should get a call

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:30 pm

Hi Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker,

Pls check the banks' website and apply directly. Also visit any employment fairs which come up...(There is one happening near Heathrow in Feb '08) There are some Banks which put up stalls for their Retail position. Here too they might ask you to apply online. But worth checking for details.

Also, you must note that - Banks don't mind recruiting persons who have no prior experience in Retail Banking but are willing to train then up with their resources. What they will be looking is the communication skill (accent), which we clearly lack.

I forsee problem only in that area. Otherwise, Banking is a good sector and lots of oppurtunity to grow.

All the best.

deacon1blues
Newly Registered

Post by deacon1blues » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:20 am

HI,

I am in a similar situation as Rohit was. I have experience in Banking and have been in London for about a month now.

Is the market slow now? I have been trying through some agencies as well as applying online but no results so far.

Rohit - Could you please tell us your experience in UK so far

Thanks in advance

cheers