ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment on my behalf from my other company ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zubair125
Newly Registered

Investment on my behalf from my other company ?

Post by zubair125 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi Board members.

I am new here. i have a query kindly assist me.
I have one company X which is woring for last 5 years (not on visa) and it invested on my behalf on my company Y (on visa), which is going for visa extension (50k).

I am confused as my name is not used on transaction but all transactons shows Company X name.
Note: that company X is mine with 100% shares and i will send its documents as well and investment is mine as well which is made on Company Y.

Is it okay would it get some problem tier 1 extenions or not. Kindly assist me.

awan905
Member of Standing

Re: Investment on my behalf from my other company ?

Post by awan905 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:58 pm

zubair125 wrote:Hi Board members.

I am new here. i have a query kindly assist me.
I have one company X which is woring for last 5 years (not on visa) and it invested on my behalf on my company Y (on visa), which is going for visa extension (50k).

I am confused as my name is not used on transaction but all transactons shows Company X name.
Note: that company X is mine with 100% shares and i will send its documents as well and investment is mine as well which is made on Company Y.

Is it okay would it get some problem tier 1 extenions or not. Kindly assist me.
Ltd Company is separate entity. Though you have 100% shares in your first company but still the investment is done by company not by you. The money which you inject in ltd company is a liability for business which company has to pay back. So in your case the money in 2nd company is injected by first company not by you.
Even in my case I was in process of opening business bank account and did payment directly to get the lease, which home office didnot accept and said that they want clear transaction from personal account to business account for investment. Which I did later in my 2nd company.

I can be wrong in your case but it is better if you consult with a solicitor and discuss this matter. Other members can also share, what they think about this.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Investment made by an entity like a company in your company does not count as an investment by you, even if the first company is partly owned by you. That is not how the business law and liability works. If a business invest in another business, the shares are owned by that first business. If you personally invest in a business, those shares are then owned by you.
HO does not accept an investment that you cannot prove is done personally by you and will not award any points for it.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sheraz78
Pakistan

Post by sheraz78 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:02 pm

The way of investment is not acceptable

Please do the investment again

zubair125
Newly Registered

Post by zubair125 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Hi Guys.

I am sending 100 Share Certificate to prove that i am the sole director of that company and that company has agreement with me (inter transfer) in writing to invest on my behalf.
Logically speaking thats my money and even home office also said that money can be sent on your behalf so this thing exactly follows that wording (behalf) only the issue is that its transfer references it does not carry my name. If i provide all docs to show that invenst done by me and that company is 100% mine with share certificates etc and inter - transfer agreement (becauuse my personal halifax account was getting constantly blocked while transfering it , i had no other option when company needed money.

What do u think if They Suggest that ON YOUR BEHALF is possible and we have inter transfer agreement with share certificate . Does'nt it meet the requirment.

Please share your info. I have couple of days ahead and i have no other option to reverse or use personal now. What do u suggest as my case is all good but this one tension has just come up.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:42 pm

For large transactions, it is better to inform the bank first. Let Halifax know and then transfer from your personal account to Company Y.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:09 pm

zubair125 wrote:Hi Guys.

I am sending 100 Share Certificate to prove that i am the sole director of that company and that company has agreement with me (inter transfer) in writing to invest on my behalf.
Logically speaking thats my money and even home office also said that money can be sent on your behalf so this thing exactly follows that wording (behalf) only the issue is that its transfer references it does not carry my name. If i provide all docs to show that invenst done by me and that company is 100% mine with share certificates etc and inter - transfer agreement (becauuse my personal halifax account was getting constantly blocked while transfering it , i had no other option when company needed money.

What do u think if They Suggest that ON YOUR BEHALF is possible and we have inter transfer agreement with share certificate . Does'nt it meet the requirment.

Please share your info. I have couple of days ahead and i have no other option to reverse or use personal now. What do u suggest as my case is all good but this one tension has just come up.
No, that is not how it works and you seem not to understand the basics of business law. Do you even understand why a company is formed under the title of 'limited liability' ??? It is irrelevant that the other company is 100% yours as personal and company liabilities are separate.
Share certificates are also useless and are not acceptable forms of evidence (Have you even read the guide ??)
Investment MUST be done under your name and this should be shown clearly in the accounts.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:02 pm

sm12 wrote:For large transactions, it is better to inform the bank first. Let Halifax know and then transfer from your personal account to Company Y.
Please make sure that you are listed as a shareholder in your accounts and ask your accountant to show the value and number of your shares in the accounts.