ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Indian passport is about to expire

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thewind
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - Indian passport is about to expire

Post by thewind » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:53 am

Hello,

I am planning to apply for naturalisation in October 2016 but my Indian passport expires in December 2016 and it will take longer than December 2016 for me to get the British one. Do I need to renew my India passport before applying for naturalisation or is it fine.

If I get my British passport after the expiry of my Indian passport, will that create any problem in surrendering the India passport or applying for OCI?

Please help.

vinny

Re: Naturalisation - Indian passport is about to expire

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:58 am

thewind wrote:I am planning to apply for naturalisation in October 2016 but my Indian passport expires in December 2016 and it will take longer than December 2016 for me to get the British one. Do I need to renew my India passport before applying for naturalisation or is it fine.
Fine.
thewind wrote:If I get my British passport after the expiry of my Indian passport, will that create any problem in surrendering the India passport or applying for OCI?
I don't see a problem.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

thewind
Newly Registered

Post by thewind » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:13 am

Thanks for the reply Vinny.

Will Home office not create an issue for this stating that i did not had a valid passport during the processing of my naturalisation application?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:17 am

I believe there isn't a requirement to have an in date passport to apply for Naturalisation. You can apply with an expired passport.

You passport will still be valid at the time of application so shouldn't be an issue.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

thewind
Newly Registered

Post by thewind » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:16 am

Thanks a lot WR1 and Vinny for your help.

Regards.