ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse visa question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

martin001
Newly Registered

UK Spouse visa question

Post by martin001 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:00 pm

I was recently told on this forum that the EEA Family permit applicaitons are no longer done face to face, but are now by mail/courier only, is this also the case with the UK Spouse visa? or can you still apply in person.

Thanks,

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:00 pm

1. where are you applying from (in the UK? or out side the UK?)
2. what is your immigration status
3. what are you really really really struggling to understand
4. is the spouse visa for your spouse????
or yourself????
or are you asking on someones behalf???????

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:08 pm

I just read through your old posts to see where the application would be made. In the US, the consulates have stopped doing in person appointments for all visas. Regardless of the type of visa, the application must be done online, and then the supporting documentation sent in via post or courier. If there is a fee for the visa, the payment is to be made online. Also, biometric data needs to be taken.

martin001
Newly Registered

Post by martin001 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:31 pm

Thanks alot for the clear info yankeegirl, it's strange isn't it, you'd think they would want to interview people in person wouldn't you? ahh well.

Smooth operator, thanks for the help aswell, i was asking on my behalf for when i get married to my American girlfriend next June.

Thanks again :wink: