ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Partner Visa to Tier 2 Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sachin01663

Changing Partnership sponsor visa to Tier 2 Visa

Post by sachin01663 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:10 am

Hi,

I am currently on partnership visa which is valid until jan-2018. I have recently joined a company which can sponsor me Tier 2 visa and I want to switch to Tier2 as well because me and BF want to live separately now.

The problem I have is that my employer will sponsor visa only if there are only a few months left (3 or 6) in my currently visa. They will not sponsor me if I have visa until 2018 and my HR has confirmed me this.

Is there a way I can bring my current Visa expiry date forward to three months from now? So from Jan-2018 to Dec-2016? Is it possible that Home office can give me three months notice and give me a formal notification that my visa will now expiry in three or six months from now?

Its very confusing and seems like I will to stick with Sponsorship visa until 2018 which is a long time :(

Any help please.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Changing Partnership sponsor visa to Tier 2 Visa

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:16 am

What happened to the ILR you say you and your wife have in this thread where you were applying for BC :?:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1156906
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:02 am

That was resolved. Thanks.

The one above, is on behalf of my friend. I hope that's okay?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:09 am

sachin01663 wrote:That was resolved. Thanks.

The one above, is on behalf of my friend. I hope that's okay?
Fine to post on behalf of a friend, but always good to start the post with 'I am posting on behalf of a friend'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:27 am

Thanks. Will re-post.

Do you have any suggestions on that?

vinny

Re: Switching from Partner Visa to Tier 2 Visa

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:41 am

Why does your friend want to change category?

They may curtail leave, if the relationship between the partners have irrevocably broken down.

Isn't it odd for a company to sponsor your friend only if the visa is expiring?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:59 am

sachin01663 wrote:Thanks. Will re-post.
It wasn't necessary to repost the same question. Merged now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:36 am

I think company will sponsor visa only when you 'need' a visa. Currently she has Partner visa until 2018 so HR is hesitant and do not want to sponsor when you already have a visa.

Her preference is to bring forward the expiry date of her current visa however we do not know how that works.

If you inform Home Office that you want to change your Visa type so you want to end the current visa before its expiry date, will they do so? There should be a way because Home Office always encourages you to tell them if you do not need Partner visa anymore. But I am not sure how much time or notice they give you to leave country (or in this case apply for a different visa)

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:00 pm

you cant have the visa expiry date changed. Unless the visa is curtailed. If they tell that their relationship is broken, then yes thier leave maybe curtailed or cancelled. i have not seen leave being curtailed when relationship is broken, it is only cancelled.
i have come across this logic of companies saying they will only sponsor if the leave is expiring. I think this is instigated by the poor knowledge or a common misconception that the visa can only applied or extended 3 months before the expiry of current visa. The only and best suggestion for your friend is, to tell them that he is on dependent visa and relationship is ending an he needs sponsorship.