ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC : accomodation at friends place.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meer_iet

EC : accomodation at friends place.

Post by meer_iet » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:21 am

hi Friends,
just wanted to have your view on following,

For EC - proof of accomodation, i have scanned copies of following from my friend in UK,

1. passport pages ( front, back,visa)
2. lease agreement document (signed by tenant, landlord)
3.invitation letter from the friend. Signed by friend.

but,
1. is it OK that lease agreement is on a plain paper signed by tenant and landlord ?( no govt stamp etc)

2. i came to know that landlord is not paying the council tax ,means i think he is not showing to govt that he has rented out the house, is it ok that i go ahead with such accomodation proof. I dont know how visa official will verify the house info. If he calls the tenant, its OK but if he verifies internally for council tax etc , its a problem for the landlord and i have risk of visa rejection.

3. i can have YHA accomodation for 2 weeks, but what do i tell to visa official that how i will manage accomodation afterwards.

thanks in advance for your feedback.

Regards

Anthopogon

Post by Anthopogon » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:15 am

xxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Anthopogon on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tral_hsmp

Post by tral_hsmp » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi,

My friend also provided me with the copy of agreement with landlord which is on plain paper but signed by both my friend and landlord. Also no council tax papers were given to me by my friend. But my friends six months pay slip and one year bank statement was also with my documents. I got the visa for two years on those documents also. So I think you will also get.

srirkast

Post by srirkast » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:10 pm

Hello Friends,

I submitted the following documents for my stay arrangement in the UK and it got accepted. I dont think you need to book a hotel if you have the following documents.

1. Copy of tenency agreement
2. Council tax bill
3. Utility bills
4. Copy of his passpost
5. Invitation letter from my friend
6. His past 3 months bank statement

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:22 pm

meer_iet wrote:
  1. is it OK that lease agreement is on a plain paper signed by tenant and landlord ?( no govt stamp etc)
  2. i came to know that landlord is not paying the council tax ,means i think he is not showing to govt that he has rented out the house, is it ok that i go ahead with such accomodation proof. I dont know how visa official will verify the house info. If he calls the tenant, its OK but if he verifies internally for council tax etc , its a problem for the landlord and i have risk of visa rejection.
  3. i can have YHA accomodation for 2 weeks, but what do i tell to visa official that how i will manage accomodation afterwards.
Using your numbering :-
  1. No problem that it is on plain paper. Which Government department are you expecting to stamp it?
  2. Council Tax is a tax on occupation of property, not on ownership of property, so it would be totally wrong to go from "he is not paying the Council Tax" to infer that he is not declaring the rental to the tax authorities, which is what your wording suggests to me.
  3. I would suggest you avoid hotsel-type accommodation, and as suggested already, go for an hotel booking.
John