ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harmeetsingh

Certificate of British Citizenship

Post by harmeetsingh » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi Guys.

I am not sure i am in right place. Please advice. I received my approval letter on 23/09/2016. It is dated 20/09/2016. So its been 10 days since Home office approved my citizenship application. I called my local council on 23/09/2016 and left message for a call back as this is the only way. 10 days has passed since the issue of approval and no response from council regarding ceremony as I want to do a private ceremony. so I been to council today and they said they have not received my certificate yet. I am started to be bit worry now. Is it normal for HO to take so long to send out citizenship certificate. please advice me what to do.

Kind Regards

Noetic
Member of Standing

Re: Certificate of British Citizenship

Post by Noetic » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:00 pm

My own approval letter was dated 8 days before I got it, others have 10-15 days difference so it isn't impossible but it does seem to be quite a long time now. Can the council contact HO directly to ask?

bilal786
Newly Registered

Post by bilal786 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Hi Harmeet,

I had a similar issue too--my approval letter was dated 8th of September and council got my details from the Home office on 19th of September.

With regards to the ceremony, when I did not hear back from the council I went to the register office and asked them to book the private ceremony & they booked for the following day.

Please call council on Monday and check if they have received your certificate.

Regards

harmeetsingh

Post by harmeetsingh » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:21 pm

Dear Bilal.

Thank you very much for reply. Did you apply using NCS. I applied myself. Person in council told me that they get citizenship certificate every Tuesday and Friday. They told me to come back Tuesday so let's see what will happen. I also wrote an email to home office today asking if they have posted the certificate yet. I will post any updates on Tuesday.

Regards
bilal786 wrote:Hi Harmeet,

I had a similar issue too--my approval letter was dated 8th of September and council got my details from the Home office on 19th of September.

With regards to the ceremony, when I did not hear back from the council I went to the register office and asked them to book the private ceremony & they booked for the following day.

Please call council on Monday and check if they have received your certificate.

Regards

harmeetsingh

Post by harmeetsingh » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:24 pm

Dear Nortic

Thanks for reply. It does seem long. I am sure that council can contact HO but I am not sure if they will do that. They told me to come back on Tuesday so let's see what will happen.
Noetic wrote:My own approval letter was dated 8 days before I got it, others have 10-15 days difference so it isn't impossible but it does seem to be quite a long time now. Can the council contact HO directly to ask?

bilal786
Newly Registered

Post by bilal786 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi Harmeet,

I did not apply through NCS. The council also advised me to call on Tuesday as they usually get delivery of the certificates on Tuesdays. But I still called on Monday ( afternoon) & they had my certificate.

Regards

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:13 pm

Good luck, at least the council are being helpful!

harmeetsingh

Post by harmeetsingh » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:15 am

Dear Bilal.

I think I will also visit council on Monday. Here in Luton when you call them, you are diverted to an automated voicemail system. They ask you to leave your name and phone number and they get back to you. I already did it few times but no call back. So only option is to go there and ask. Thanks for your information.

Regards
bilal786 wrote:Hi Harmeet,

I did not apply through NCS. The council also advised me to call on Tuesday as they usually get delivery of the certificates on Tuesdays. But I still called on Monday ( afternoon) & they had my certificate.

Regards