ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (FM), resident in 2 countries

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lucky_smile
Newly Registered

EEA (FM), resident in 2 countries

Post by lucky_smile » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi all,

I have entered the UK with the EEA family permit and now trying to apply for the residence card as the EEA family member. At the beginning of the application form there is a section "Biometric information for non-EEA nationals: form EEA(FM)" and then a subsection "Current or previous residence card (biometric format) or biometric residence permit".

I was wondering, do they mean my current/previous British residence permit/card or any European country residence permit? I currently still have my German residence permit, which is still valid for another 2 years. I wonder whether I have to say 'yes' to the question of having a biometric residence card or not? Or do they care about British permits only?

They ask then to provide information about your residence card and send the original together with the other documents. So, do I send my German card or not? Also wonder whether having a valid residence permit of another European country somehow impact (in a bad way) my application in the UK?

Can I have any kind of problems with either UK residence card or my current German residence card if I send German permit together with my other documents? For the time being I still need my German card, so I cannot give it up just yet. Only wonder, whether this is a problem and what do I say in the EEA(FM) application form?
Can I be a resident in 2 countries simultaneously?

I am very very confused. Please help me understand.
Thank you.

noajthan

Re: EEA (FM), resident in 2 countries

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:14 pm

The RC Guidance refers to cards issued under EEA Regs and Immigration Rules, that is British law.
A German card would be issued under German law and not under UK EEA Regs.
If you currently have, or last had:
a residence card (biometric format) confirming your right to reside under the EEA Regulations,
or
a biometric residence permit confirming that you had been granted leave to remain under the Immigration Rules or Immigration Act 1971, you must include this document with your application
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

lucky_smile
Newly Registered

Post by lucky_smile » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:33 pm

noajthan wrote:The RC Guidance refers to cards issued under EEA Regs and Immigration Rules, that is British law.
A German card would be issued under German law and not under UK EEA Regs.
Thank you very much for your answer.
I thought that 'EEA regulations' is some common EEA law for all countries. :) Thank you for clarifying this for me. I will then say that I don't have such card and won't submit my German permit.

Still wonder though whether two residence permits from 2 European countries are allowed in general?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:38 pm

lucky_smile wrote:Thank you very much for your answer.
I thought that 'EEA regulations' is some common EEA law for all countries. :) Thank you for clarifying this for me. I will then say that I don't have such card and won't submit my German permit.

Still wonder though whether two residence permits from 2 European countries are allowed in general?
There are 28 member countries so you have some more to collect if you wish.

There is no concept of rivalry or supremacy of one country's RC over another.
They are simply either valid or expired.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

lucky_smile
Newly Registered

Post by lucky_smile » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:42 pm

noajthan wrote: There are 28 member countries so you have some more to collect if you wish.

There is no concept of rivalry or supremacy of one country's RC over another.
They are simply either valid or expired.

Thank you for your help.

saadstar13
Newly Registered

Post by saadstar13 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:09 pm

Hello to all.
I am non EU, going to apply for the residence card as the EEA family member.
therefore i am filling application form but i have 1 question that do i have to fill section 7 in application form or not ?
i mean the section 7 is related to EEA family member or not ?
thank you.