ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to EDIT already filled online OCI application

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

itsmylife

How to EDIT already filled online OCI application

Post by itsmylife » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:25 am

Hello all,

It sounds dumb, but I'm really struggling ways to edit my already filled application form.

I have filled the OCI application form and uploaded all the required documents along with photos. After taking a printout, I have realised that i have selected BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS as nationality instead of UNITED KINGDOM.

I want to correct this and I'm struggling. I tried OCI Miscellaneous Services
and its neither accepting my Temporary ID nor application ID to get in.

Can someone please help :(

Thanks

rmukherjee
United Kingdom

Re: How to EDIT already filled online OCI application

Post by rmukherjee » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:50 am

itsmylife wrote:It sounds dumb, but I'm really struggling ways to edit my already filled application form.

I have filled the OCI application form and uploaded all the required documents along with photos. After taking a printout, I have realised that i have selected BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS as nationality instead of UNITED KINGDOM.
As far as I know it's not possible to edit your submission. However if I was in a similar situation what I'd do is - just upload a fresh set of documents (click on "New OCI Registration" at the passport.gov.in/oci site and then choose "Fresh Application"). You'll get a new reference number (e.g. GBRL...), then go to VFS and submit your paperwork based on that. Just ignore the old submission. After a few months of inactivity it should be removed from the system.

itsmylife

Re: How to EDIT already filled online OCI application

Post by itsmylife » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 am

rmukherjee wrote:
itsmylife wrote:It sounds dumb, but I'm really struggling ways to edit my already filled application form.

As far as I know it's not possible to edit your submission. However if I was in a similar situation what I'd do is - just upload a fresh set of documents (click on "New OCI Registration" at the passport.gov.in/oci site and then choose "Fresh Application"). You'll get a new reference number (e.g. GBRL...), then go to VFS and submit your paperwork based on that. Just ignore the old submission. After a few months of inactivity it should be removed from the system.
Thanks rmukherjee, thats a good suggestion. I have just managed to re do the whole application again.