ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuous Residency Rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

umerahmed
Newly Registered

Continuous Residency Rule

Post by umerahmed » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Dear members,

I would like to clear my doubt of continuous residency rule, please share your thoughts about the matter below:

Entered UK on Tier4 Student Visa in Nov 2006 valid until Nov 2009
Did Extension of same visa on Nov 2009 and was granted Visa until 31st Aug 2010.
I left the UK a day before my visa expired i.e on 30th Aug 2010.
Applied for PSW from Abu Dhabi in Oct 2010 and was granted 2 year visa valid from 31 Oct 2010 till 31 Oct 2012 and re-entered UK in Jan 2011( re-entered after approx 5 months)
Applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur in Oct 2012, and after initial refusal was granted visa from June 2014 valid until June 2017.

If my continuous residency is not broken than I can apply for ILR next month hopefully.

My only concern is the gap between my Student visa expiry and grant of PSW visa which is 2 months.

Please can you guys share your valuable thoughts on this matter.

And would like to thank all the members who have put valuable information throughout the board.

Many thanks.

KhanNW

Re: Continuous Residency Rule

Post by KhanNW » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:33 pm

umerahmed wrote:Dear members,

I would like to clear my doubt of continuous residency rule, please share your thoughts about the matter below:

Entered UK on Tier4 Student Visa in Nov 2006 valid until Nov 2009
Did Extension of same visa on Nov 2009 and was granted Visa until 31st Aug 2010.
I left the UK a day before my visa expired i.e on 30th Aug 2010.
Applied for PSW from Abu Dhabi in Oct 2010 and was granted 2 year visa valid from 31 Oct 2010 till 31 Oct 2012 and re-entered UK in Jan 2011( re-entered after approx 5 months)
Applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur in Oct 2012, and after initial refusal was granted visa from June 2014 valid until June 2017.

If my continuous residency is not broken than I can apply for ILR next month hopefully.

My only concern is the gap between my Student visa expiry and grant of PSW visa which is 2 months.

Please can you guys share your valuable thoughts on this matter.

And would like to thank all the members who have put valuable information throughout the board.

Many thanks.
Hi Umer,

Page 17 example 2 Answers your question. According to this, contineous residence period is not broken as you departed with a valid leave and within 6 months, came back with a valid leave. It can be in any catagory

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

umerahmed
Newly Registered

Re: Continuous Residency Rule

Post by umerahmed » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks a lot KhanNW, yes it does clear my doubt.

regards.