ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job scene in UK.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pshirdi
Newly Registered

job scene in UK.

Post by pshirdi » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:19 pm

Friends,

This is been haunting my for a long time and gving me nightmares.

please some one throw some light on the below and enlighten me:

1. How is the job scene in UK for IT people ? What are the web sites one should apply thru for UK jobs?

2. Can a person take up a part time job until he get decent job? If yes, what are the wages for part time job, can he manage the monthly living expenditure and house rent with this ?

I apologize if I have asked for something very stupid, but this information is quite important for me.

kg1983

Post by kg1983 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:49 pm

What visa are you gonna be on?

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:11 pm

hello,
try:
www.contractoruk.com

this site has a search engine for permanent and temporary work within IT; it also has info on the market.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

pshirdi
Newly Registered

Post by pshirdi » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:54 pm

Hi try-one and kg1983

I was asking with reference to a person on HSMP.

To be more specific, I have 5 years work-ex in product development expr in C/C++ domain on linux/win32 platforms. Also have a CISSP certification

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:43 pm

Just curious about the combination of "product development expr in C/C++ domain on linux/win32 platforms and CISSP certification"