ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayed in UK want to apply for work permit in Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

livinginuk64
Newly Registered

Overstayed in UK want to apply for work permit in Canada

Post by livinginuk64 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi,

I have over stayed in UK for nearly 5 years now to get a degree now that I have my degree and realised that overstaying is a very serious offence (I was 17 when I decided to stay too young to know) want to know can I still apply for work in Canada? for example if a company wanted me for work in canada would my application be acceptable or will I be rejected because of my overstay in UK? Also I have my sister living in canada currently would that be any help.

Thank you,

sia2001

Post by sia2001 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:52 pm

once u made application legally, overstay is no prob. but in yr case, unfortunately u can't now. maybe yr sis can sponsor u but u need to go back 2 yr country first

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:43 pm

when you overstay
Do you ever leave the country or do you just always never leave??
Don't you feel imprisoned by not being able to leave?

livinginuk64
Newly Registered

Post by livinginuk64 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:56 am

Thanks for the replies

I am 22 years old do you think my sister can still sponsor me? Actually I dont think she can cause she is trying to sponsor my mom & dad at the mo.

And what do you mean I cant now? does it mean I have to wait for some time and then apply?

And can I start the application and then go back to my country?

By the way when you overstay no you cant leave the country cause if you do you cant come back.

I had another question when I came to this country the ILR requirement was staying here for 10 years (combination of legal & illegal residency) but now they have changed it to 14 years, I was wondering will it still be 10 years for people like me who came before the rule change or am I being to optimistic about this? By the way if it is 14/10 years which I have to start applying? Can I apply a year sooner or something so by the time they proccess it it will be 10/14 years?

Thanks again

Canadiancitizen
Newly Registered

Post by Canadiancitizen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:31 pm

With your record of not following the Immigration rules in the UK, Canada will probably not accept your application. With so many good and honest applicants to choose from, why would we want you?

Now that you have a degree, from a UK University, you want to skip out and land in Canada. How about working in the UK for a few years, to pay back the country for the education that you got there ?

Jim Bunting. Toronto.

livinginuk64
Newly Registered

Post by livinginuk64 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:37 pm

ERM,
I am sorry but legally I am not allowed to work in UK if I could I would trust me and if UK would give me a visa or work permit I would stay in UK and work. The whole reason of me moving to UK was to live and work here but I was too young and I did it the wrong way and now I am paying for it. Thats why I want to go to canada, I just want a chance so I can start my life over.

And pay back to country? hello I have paid university £8000 each year for my courses in full amount I dont think I am in debt with the country in anyways. Except for the fact that I have stayed unlawfully (I accept that)