ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa question, general

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tina79

Schengen visa question, general

Post by tina79 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi all,

Can someone advise me if there is any changes on Schengen visasa? I have contacted my embassy in Turkey as my husband would like to come and the consul was so rude and he said he is not allowed to have Schengen as he is coming to join his family to Slovakia, but he has to apply for residence permit.

We would like him to get here first on Schengen as he comes xmas time and afte that we apply for his redisence permit. Also the Schengenis quicker and the residence permit takes up 3 month.

I am in shock!!!!!

This is what i have receieved from the consul:

Can someone please advise! Thanks.

1. email:
Good day,
probably disappoint you, but the resident can not deal with when your husband in Slovakia. The information that you provide to the Aliens Police are not completely accurate. An alien may apply for a residence permit directly to the department. Aliens Police only if it has been granted temporary residence and under it is present in Slovakia and wants to change the residence of temporary to permanent. The possibility that her husband will be granted a Schengen visa, and he based it makes an application for a residence permit directly in the Slovak Republic is not feasible. Such a procedure under the Act is not possible.
Schengen visa to a foreigner could apply in Slovakia for granting the stay is not possible. Your information is wrong.

2nd email
That it does not matter. According to the Act on Residence of Foreigners in Slovakia foreigner can lodge in the SR application for a residence permit, only in exceptional cases as provided by law. And your husband are not exempted. He has to apply with us at the Embassy for a residence permit and if he will stay enabled, we may grant him so. "National visa", which is only valid for the SR and can then travel to Slovakia to have received authorization to stay.
No Schengen visa to him, for the purpose of staying at the embassy did not.
If you Aliens Police says something else, whether it be writing you and your spouse may then the written opinion Aliens Police present at our embassy and on the basis that he did to me then Schengen visa.