ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consequences of DCPR rejection?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Breev
Newly Registered

Consequences of DCPR rejection?

Post by Breev » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:47 am

I have received some very helpful advice on here before and as a result have applied for and received my registration certificate (EU citizen). I am now contemplating whether to go ahead and apply for DCPR. The issue is that I am slightly doubtful that my evidence is good enough.

Should I apply for DCPR and risk a possible rejection or would it better to wait and see what transition agreement will be put in place for EU citizens already in the UK? Are there any possible consequences to having a rejected DCPR application attached to my name? I understand there is probably no clear answer to this question, but people here have previously offered some great insights, so I'm just interested to hear what people think!

(Background info in case anyone is interested:
Qualifying year 1 - 4 : student
Qualifying year 5: full time worker (9 months)
Qualifying year 5: 3 months unemployed / job seeker

The reason why I'm doubtful my evidence is sufficient is 2 reasons: as a student I didn't have CSI or an EHIC card. I did have comprehensive health insurance through my home country and have proof of this but I'm not 100% sure it will be accepted?

After finishing my degree I had a job, which I left (voluntary) and was then a job seeker for a short period, but never registered with the Jobcentre. I have retrieved a couple of emails that I sent around looking for work, but most of my application were paper application forms / CVs handed out at cafes, shops, etcetera. I still have some of the CVs and covering letters I wrote at the time - but not sure if this will be sufficient proof? I had no more health insurance at this time so can't qualify on a self-sufficiency basis either.

I definitely can't qualify based on later dates, as I returned to university to do a postgraduate degree but had no CSI/EHIC/comprehensive health insurance from my home country for most of this time (until a few months ago when I finally became aware of this requirement & took out insurance).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Consequences of DCPR rejection?

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:24 am

Are there any possible consequences to having a rejected DCPR application attached to my name? I
No
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rooibos
Member of Standing
European Union

Post by rooibos » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:45 pm

I posted a similar question earlier on:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1263319

I am waiting and seeing, considering there could be some sort of mass amnesty:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10 ... iven-amne/

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:48 pm

DCPR is issued as per EU law and Directive 2004/38/EC.

The Directive contains no concept of punishing previously-failed applicants.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

johnkk
Greece

Post by johnkk » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:59 pm

Breev wrote: as a student I didn't have CSI or an EHIC card. I did have comprehensive health insurance through my home country and have proof of this but I'm not 100% sure it will be accepted?
Why wouldn't it be accepted? Get an official letter from your insurance provider saying that you held csi for those years in an eu country. If it was a state provider and you just didn't bother to get ehic from them that's OK. If it's private they have to say they covered everything in the UK.
The document needs to be translated to English.

olgachilds
BANNED

Post by olgachilds » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:01 pm

johnkk wrote:
Breev wrote: as a student I didn't have CSI or an EHIC card. I did have comprehensive health insurance through my home country and have proof of this but I'm not 100% sure it will be accepted?
Why wouldn't it be accepted? Get an official letter from your insurance provider saying that you held csi for those years in an eu country. If it was a state provider and you just didn't bother to get ehic from them that's OK. If it's private they have to say they covered everything in the UK.
The document needs to be translated to English.

second that, you can do with proof that you have been registered in your home state's national health system

reimbursement of costs to the NHS would have been a treaty requirement, whether or not you ever bothered to get an EHIC (which many A8 countries have not issued for years after accession)

HO accepts that in my experience