ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport fee deducted but not Naturalisation fee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vapollo
Newly Registered

Passport fee deducted but not Naturalisation fee

Post by vapollo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:00 pm

I've search the various posts but I'm unable to find a case similar to mine.

Applied via NCS on JCAP on 15/09
Application Received by Home office on 19/09
No acknowledgement/ biometric letter to date
Passport fee deducted on 28/09.

Almost every case I've found in the timelines indicate the naturalisation fee being taken before the passport fee. I know its a long shot but should I contact NCS to try to chase or just sit and wait my 6months?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport fee deducted but not Naturalisation fee

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:06 pm

This is now with the HO - I think you just need to wait for them to take the money from your account, shouldn't take six months. Bio letter will come once the payment is processed. Passport Office was quicker in this case. Once NCS sends off the application they are no longer involved.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

london2013
Newly Registered

Post by london2013 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:35 pm

Nearly same case as yours.

Applied on 16/09/2016.

Passport fee deducted on 29/09 and received letter that payment declined for naturalization fees & biometric letter. Letter states that if I give biometric before naturalization fees are deducted than they would reject my application and also that I need to give biometrics in 14 working days.

That means :
If they do not deduct fees within those 14 working days than my application would be rejected :(

so confusing
vapollo wrote:I've search the various posts but I'm unable to find a case similar to mine.

Applied via NCS on JCAP on 15/09
Application Received by Home office on 19/09
No acknowledgement/ biometric letter to date
Passport fee deducted on 28/09.

Almost every case I've found in the timelines indicate the naturalisation fee being taken before the passport fee. I know its a long shot but should I contact NCS to try to chase or just sit and wait my 6months?

vapollo
Newly Registered

Post by vapollo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:07 pm

Any communication is better than none. I'm yet to receive any letter/email from the HO. When was your letter dated and when did you receive it?

Check with your bank to ensure that they haven't declined the payment and instruct them to clear future payments for the Home Office, then submit a new payment form to the Liverpool address quoting your HO reference number.

Alternatively, there are a couple posts that suggest you can call the HO and ask to be put through to the cashiers who will take the payment. This approach seems hit and miss as some have reported being re-directed to submit a paper form to the Liverpool address. Guess you have nothing to lose by giving this a try.

Let me know how it goes.

london2013
Newly Registered

Post by london2013 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:52 am

I agree some communication from them helps. I have already done the necessary communication with home office.

Phone : Unsuccessful attempt - no one put me through payment division

Letter Dated : 27/09/16 but received on 04/10/2016. Have sent them payment slip via next day delievery and they received on 05/10/2016 but payment has not been deducted.

vapollo wrote:Any communication is better than none. I'm yet to receive any letter/email from the HO. When was your letter dated and when did you receive it?

Check with your bank to ensure that they haven't declined the payment and instruct them to clear future payments for the Home Office, then submit a new payment form to the Liverpool address quoting your HO reference number.

Alternatively, there are a couple posts that suggest you can call the HO and ask to be put through to the cashiers who will take the payment. This approach seems hit and miss as some have reported being re-directed to submit a paper form to the Liverpool address. Guess you have nothing to lose by giving this a try.

Let me know how it goes.

shallygirl
Newly Registered

Post by shallygirl » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:16 am

Hi in a similar situation. What have been your outcomes so far?

Received letter stating payment declined and biometrics invitation on 26/11/16. I have sent new payment slip and done my biometrics on 26/11/16. However i cant find anywhere on the letters i received saying you shouldn't provide biometrics until payment has cleared? Where does it say that on yours?

vapollo
Newly Registered

Post by vapollo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:00 pm

After a couple emails finally got a response from HO upon which they re-issued my acknowledgement, biometric and payment letters. I then submitted payment letter and did biometric. think they took payment on the same day I submitted biometric. as to outcome I suspect that my application has been approved as earlier today I checked my councils ceremony booking website and they had my details!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think my approval letter might arrive any day now!!!

shallygirl
Newly Registered

Post by shallygirl » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Thats great news. My payment has also since been taken on 28/11/2016. Just a matter of waiting now!