ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Struggling to get revoked licence back after LTR Granted!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LondonGuy16
Newly Registered

Struggling to get revoked licence back after LTR Granted!!

Post by LondonGuy16 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:10 pm

I just got my Leave to Remain granted but earlier had my driving licence revoked due to my previous overstayer immigration status.

I called the DVLA a few days ago and was told to get a D1 form from any post office and send the BRP card to them to get it reinstated.. I called a day after since i noticed that the form didn't have a fee payable for revocations and was told there's no need to pay a fee since i wasn't changing my picture.

I was at my local post office today and asked which one of the DVLA post codes to send it to, the cashier was clueless and i decided to just cross check with DVLA over the phone a third time. This time round, the advisor said that sending my BRP would be a waste of time. He claims that DVLA don't revoke licences and that the information is always passed to them from the Home office.
After quite a while calling all sorts of Home Office Departments, I was told that UK Visas handle such issues and should contact them.
You guessed it, UK Visas said it has nothing to do with them and their staff member said she was willing, as a one off, to make enquiries on my behalf from a supervisor.
She came back shortly afterwards and said that i should get my SOLICITOR to contact the Home Office Caseworker that handled my case to get the appropriate department to contact the DVLA.

Is this really the process? I have searched online all day long and still haven't got the answer to this riddle. It seems that they had a process to suspend or revoke licences but not clear as to how to get it back again.

Can any moderator help?,
Has anyone been successful in getting it back?
Was it free or did you have to pay?
Do i have to retake another test?
Does the points on the licence Tott up as normal? or do you get a clean record?

Anyone noticed a link or phone number for answers?