ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR application sent and wife passport with the home office

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Daniann
Algeria

PR application sent and wife passport with the home office

Post by Daniann » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:38 am

Hi,
I need advice please , my wife (EU nation ) sent her PR application to the home office on jun 2016 with all the support documents and her passport , and I am her husband (non EU) just sent my PR application few days ago /October 2016 / with all the support documents and my passport , but the solicitor who send our applications sent with my application a cover letter referring that my wife ( EU nation ) has her application with the home office with her passport ( as I didn't sent my wife passport with my application as its with the home office now for her application ) and she mentioned the case ID ( for my wife ) within my covering letter .

My question is as its more likely my wife well get her PR card on November and for me I will get it on March next year , do I need to send my wife passport (later when we receive her PR with her passport ) again to the home office to support my application or not as her passport was on the home office already and the have copy ?
Please advice

Daniann
Algeria

Re: PR application sent and wife passport with the home offi

Post by Daniann » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:10 am

Guys , please can someone advice me please ..!
Thanks

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:30 am

Simple, you may be lucky to receive both at once if any of their staff apply common sense to join your application together as one family,but that may/not add tiny months to the processing time. Also ask your wife to ask by calling them because EU PR most have seen so far is between 3/4 months except if there's a back log.

Your lawyer has done the right thing anyway.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:12 am

Thanks , but assuming they didn't and the deal with each application separately ( which I believe more the likely to do that ) in this case shall I send my wife passport to support my application or don't need to do that ?
I really appreciate if some one give me clear answer
Thanks

olgachilds
BANNED

Post by olgachilds » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Normally they will link the applications and deal with them together.
At any rate you shan't have to send your wife's passport with your application at all, assuming you had been issued with RC previously based on the same relationship, Barnet applies and HO recognises it.
The linking is needed more so to link your application to her proof of 5 years worth of Treaty rights.
But even if they are not llinked, once yours comes up they will see hers was already granted.
I would relax if I were you.

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:18 am

Thank you, according to my understand to your reply ( please correct me if am wrong ) :
When my wife receive her PR along with her passport I don't need to send anything again to the HO , I just need to wait my PR . Am I correct ?
Thank you

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:01 am

Hi wise and all of you guys
I need straight answer , after my receive her PR and all her documents including her passport , do I need to send to the home office anything like passport or anything or not ?
Guys please just clear answer either yes you need or not you don't need .
Thank you in advance