ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Gen and a Business VISA Refusals

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sampath1986
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Gen and a Business VISA Refusals

Post by Sampath1986 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Can someone please advise me here?

I was working in UK since Mar 2011 till OCt 2015 for a company. I had to return to UK for some personal reasons, once i sorted it out, i contacted the same employer and they agreed for me to join them back in UK in Mar 2016 and offered me the job. I applied for the Tier 2 Gen VISA in March 2015.

Tier 2 Gen refusal:

My employer offered me a slightly different role than the one i did earlier. UKBA states that "they tried to contact my employer through the phone number i provided and they couldn't reach them. So they cannot confirm the job and how i qualify for the job and hence refused my VISA." UKBA did not contact them by anyother means and we dont know how many times they tried to reach them through phone. My employer says they did not receive a phone call at all as per their records.

Since i will be working for a client in UK, and this is slightly a different role, the client has scheduled for a series of meetings and training for me to pick up the job once i join there. Therefore my employer advised me to apply for a business VISA immediately atleast to complete the client's training.

Only after i applied for the Tier 2 Gen VISA i got to know that the cool off period applies for TIer 2 Gen too, so i dint want to reapply for it until my cool off period completes.

Business VISA refusal:

We got an invitation letter from the client and applied for the business VISA and eventually it got rejected too. The reason being " the time that i applied for a business VISA is questionable (within 5 days after my Tier 2 Rejection) and they think that i might over stay or i might go and take up a job." They did not call my client or employer in this case at all and refused straight away.

Now in November, i will be applying for a Tier 2 Gen VISA again for the same employer, meanwhile i am also working for the same employer in India(for a diff role). My employer is fully supportive and agreed to give me the explanation letters i will need. Now i am associated with a solicitor. Though i can request advises from them, i am also worried they might say for their benefit (money)that the chances of me getting the VISA is good.

Can someone please advise in this complicated case is it easy to convince UKBA ? Because i heard from my friend that once your application from outside the country is rejected, it is hard to get VISA by reapplying.

I am applying from India.

Thanks in advance.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Gen and a Business VISA Refusals

Post by iworker » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:06 pm

your friend is wrong.
you are applying for PBS visa which means everything is given points. as long as u have the right things in right place, they cant reject u a visa, and if the right things are not there, they cant give u a visa.

Visit visa (business visit including) are at discretion of visa officer but PBS visas are not.
Make sure you mention about all your refusals.

Sampath1986
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Gen and a Business VISA Refusals

Post by Sampath1986 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:18 pm

iworker wrote:your friend is wrong.
you are applying for PBS visa which means everything is given points. as long as u have the right things in right place, they cant reject u a visa, and if the right things are not there, they cant give u a visa.

Visit visa (business visit including) are at discretion of visa officer but PBS visas are not.
Make sure you mention about all your refusals.

Thank you iworker. Slight relief. Yes i will address my earlier refusals.