ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry to UK while passport submitted for EEA fam. member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

canadian
Newly Registered

Re-entry to UK while passport submitted for EEA fam. member

Post by canadian » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:30 pm

Good afternoon,

I recently applied for the UK 5-year permit under the EEA National’s Family member category, from within UK,
but I still have to travel for business purposes in the next weeks.
So I need the interim documents necessary to re-enter in UK while my application is been processed.

Is this document called the 'Confirmation of Receipt of the Application' and is it accepted by the border security at the airport for re-entry into UK?
Two officers at the gov.uk told me this is the case, and now the third one is saying something completely different.

Kindly advise.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Re-entry to UK while passport submitted for EEA fam. mem

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:42 pm

Quote:
"The COA does not confirm that the holder has a right of residence in the UK:
• a ‘short’ COA confirms receipt of the holder’s application – it does not confirm
any right to work for the applicant
• a ‘long’ COA confirms receipt of the holder’s application and confirms the
applicant’s ability to take employment in the UK whilst their application is
outstanding"

The COA won't give you permission to enter the UK in the absence of your passport.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.