ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependent visa query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependent visa query

Post by SJR_Spencer » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:19 am

Hi All,

I filled the T2G Dependant visa appointments for my wife and son with VFS yesterday. The appointment is for tomorrow and In the application form of both my wife and son, there is a question asking if they are travelling with somebody. I have written in my wife's application that she is travelling with my son and vice versa for my son. What I also did was, on the 'Visa Held' question, I said 'Yes' for both of them assuming that either of them can travel only with a VALID visa and added a note in both applications as part of the 'Additional Information' section that the visa held has been marked as yes only because we have submitted a visa application for the other person as well and them travelling will depend on the outcome of their visa application.

I scheduled the appointment for tomorrow and discussed the same with my friends. They reckon the field should have marked as 'NO'. So now I have added a clarification letter as well with both applications explaining why I marked that 'Yes' and also that either of them will only travel based on a successful decision on their visa applications.

I am worried now that case officer might fault this and reject their visas. Have I done enough or is there anything else that I could do (other than incessant prayers!)

Thanks in advance,
SJR_Spencer.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: URGENT: Tier 2 General Dependent visa query

Post by iworker » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:53 am

I dont think there is anything to worry about. It should be fine

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: URGENT: Tier 2 General Dependent visa query

Post by gag285 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:55 am

SJR_Spencer wrote:Hi All,

I filled the T2G Dependant visa appointments for my wife and son with VFS yesterday. The appointment is for tomorrow and In the application form of both my wife and son, there is a question asking if they are travelling with somebody. I have written in my wife's application that she is travelling with my son and vice versa for my son. What I also did was, on the 'Visa Held' question, I said 'Yes' for both of them assuming that either of them can travel only with a VALID visa and added a note in both applications as part of the 'Additional Information' section that the visa held has been marked as yes only because we have submitted a visa application for the other person as well and them travelling will depend on the outcome of their visa application.

I scheduled the appointment for tomorrow and discussed the same with my friends. They reckon the field should have marked as 'NO'. So now I have added a clarification letter as well with both applications explaining why I marked that 'Yes' and also that either of them will only travel based on a successful decision on their visa applications.

I am worried now that case officer might fault this and reject their visas. Have I done enough or is there anything else that I could do (other than incessant prayers!)

Thanks in advance,
SJR_Spencer.
You are thinking too much. I haven't heard of anyone get rejected because they mentioned something about travelling with someone. You have made the appropriate disclosure by appending the additional information. Don't worry it's going to be fine.

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependent visa - Proof of relationships

Post by SJR_Spencer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:33 pm

Hi All,

My spouse and son submitted their applications for a T2G dependant visa today. We lived earlier in the UK earlier on a T2G ICT and our son was born here. Along with the application, we have provided proof of our wedding with the original marriage certificate and photos from the wedding but did not provide any photos, chat transcripts etc. for the period after. I did not do that because we were always living together until I came here on the T2G visa in July 2016. Should we have submitted proofs to show subsistence of the relationship over the years?

Thanks,
SJR_Spencer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent visa - Proof of relationships

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:58 pm

You should have provided evidence of communication and subsisting marriage if you have been living apart for some time.

Link below is a recent refusal for this very reason.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 17610.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SJR_Spencer
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent visa query

Post by SJR_Spencer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:14 pm

Thanks CR001.

Any idea what period would sometime denote? I have been 3 months and my spouse could not travel because her notice period in the current job is 3 months as well. She will serve that out this month and we applied the visa now due to the 30 day window to travel.

Thanks,
SJR_Spencer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent visa query

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:28 pm

For the time that you and your wife have been apart.

Although I am not sure if 3 months apart will be much of an issue, but this is HO/UKVI so you never know.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.