ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need CSI proof? 9 years in UK, 5 years employed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dynax
Newly Registered

Do I need CSI proof? 9 years in UK, 5 years employed

Post by dynax » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi all,

I have called the Enquiries from European citizens UK helpline and got two different answers about my question, so I am a little confused.

I have been in the UK for just over 9 years now:
- Sep 2007 - Sep 2011 as a BSc and MSc student
- Sep 2011 - Present in full time employment

The EEA PR application asks you under Section 5.1 for the date you first entered the UK. This would be Sep 2007 for me.

Under Section 9.4 it then asks for the summary of your relevant activity in the UK. Now if I include the activity over my full 9 years in the UK, I need to fill out sections 9.8 (Study and vocational training), 9.9 & 9.10 (Study or self-sufficiency - financial resources) & 9.11 (Study or self-sufficiency - comprehensive sickness insurance) as well.

Filling out all these sections would make my application terribly more complicated. I know that I was insured via my mother's health insurance as a student, but when I requested a statement certifying this they provided me with an E104 (not E106/109/121/112) form, which doesn't appear to be accepted. Also, they didn't state the beginning date as Sep 2007 but as the Jan 2008.

In theory all this shouldn't matter as I have been been under full time employment for over 5 years now and therefore shouldn't need any CSI proof for my 5 year qualifying period. However, I am worried that they would reject my application if I do put down my student years with no CSI proof?

Alternatively, someone on the Enquiries from European citizens UK helpline said to just put down a 'first enetered the UK' date from 5 years ago (when I was already in employment) under section 5.1. However, when I queried this again, someone else on the helpline told me not to do this, so I am slightly confused.

Would appreciate any insight from someone who has been in a similar situation.

many thanks,

dynax

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: Do I need CSI proof? 9 years in UK, 5 years employed

Post by Wise » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:24 pm

You allowed to use the old version form if you like, that is simple and straightforward. Beside that don't complicate things very confidently use your employment treaty right from Sep 2011 till date fro your 5 years it doesn't matter how long you're in UK as long as you can proof your continuous 5 years treaty right correctly you will be fine.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:33 pm

It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:44 pm

dynax wrote:Hi all,

I have called the Enquiries from European citizens UK helpline and got two different answers about my question, so I am a little confused.

Under Section 9.4 it then asks for the summary of your relevant activity in the UK. Now if I include the activity over my full 9 years in the UK, I need to fill out sections 9.8 (Study and vocational training), 9.9 & 9.10 (Study or self-sufficiency - financial resources) & 9.11 (Study or self-sufficiency - comprehensive sickness insurance) as well.

Filling out all these sections would make my application terribly more complicated. I know that I was insured via my mother's health insurance as a student, but when I requested a statement certifying this they provided me with an E104 (not E106/109/121/112) form, which doesn't appear to be accepted. Also, they didn't state the beginning date as Sep 2007 but as the Jan 2008.

In theory all this shouldn't matter as I have been been under full time employment for over 5 years now and therefore shouldn't need any CSI proof for my 5 year qualifying period. However, I am worried that they would reject my application if I do put down my student years with no CSI proof?

Would appreciate any insight from someone who has been in a similar situation.

many thanks,

dynax
The point is you may not know when you acquired PR; if you look carefully you will note there is no such question.
How would you know (necessarily) if not an expert in EU law and the Directive and UK EEA regulations.
The caseworker processes the application and figures it out based on your information and evidence.

No, you will not be penalised for not having CSI; if you have another qualifying period that will be used instead.
So you can see its better to put down any/all information you have.

Get up to speed on CSI for students here:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... issued.pdf

You also have to sign the Declaration to vouch for the veracity and completeness of information.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

dynax
Newly Registered

Post by dynax » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:18 am

Thanks for your replies Wise and noajthan.

The old form does seem a lot simpler to fill out, has anyone used this one successfully recently?

Also, on the current form, if I don't want to submit any CSI proof, which answer would I tick under section 9.11? The options are EHIC / Form S1 / Form S2 / Form S3 / Private Health insurance. Would I just leave it blank?

Thanks again.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:21 am

dynax wrote:Thanks for your replies Wise and noajthan.

The old form does seem a lot simpler to fill out, has anyone used this one successfully recently?

Also, on the current form, if I don't want to submit any CSI proof, which answer would I tick under section 9.11? The options are EHIC / Form S1 / Form S2 / Form S3 / Private Health insurance. Would I just leave it blank?

Thanks again.
Yes, several members have reported using the form recently, (with success).

Blank.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.