ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RC Issued inside Passport that expired a year ago

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nobells
Newly Registered

RC Issued inside Passport that expired a year ago

Post by Nobells » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:38 am

Hi Everyone,

I received my RC yesterday, 06 June 2016 inside my passport which expired since last October (withheld by the HO when application was refused).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... nts_v5.pdf
As the rules surrounding right to work state that my RC is only valid inside a passport that is NOT expired I was hoping you could advice me on how to deal with this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Nobells
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Applied: 06 Jun 14
Refused: 12 Dec 14
Appealed: 05 Feb 14 (Out of Time Appeal granted due to Solicitor complications)
1st Hearing: 02 Feb 16
2nd Hearing: 25 Mar 16
3rd Hearing: 25 Aug 16
RC Received: 06 Oct 16

hsn86
Turkey

Re: RC Issued inside Passport that expired a year ago

Post by hsn86 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi,

Congratulations after 2 years wait. About your question, I think you need to clarify below point first.

- Did you receive your EEA Family Member RC (EEA2) as a vignette in your passport, instead of credit card type BRC?

Where did you read (which page/paragraph) that passport should not be expired for validity of RC? I believe that a vignette type RC is always valid, even if passport expires. You should always carry your expired passport (with valid vignette) and valid passport together.