ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Documents for Spouse Naturalisation and MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spzenthil

Supporting Documents for Spouse Naturalisation and MN1

Post by spzenthil » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:31 am

Hi Gurus,

I will be getting my british citizenship certificate in a week (after my ceremony). The easiest option to apply for my wife and daughter is through NCS but I am not sure whether my wife can travel at the minute. so I am looking for sending the documents through post.

I am trying to find out what all documents should be sent for the spouse of british citizen and for registering a child using MN1.

Spouse
1. AN Application form
2. Fees Slip filled in
3. Passport (all)
4. BRP card
5. Life in UK test
6. English language requiremet (University degree certificate and NARIC ELA ceritificate)
7. Do I need to include my british citizenship ceriticate??

Child
1. MN1 form
2. Payment form
3. Passport
4. BRP card

My main question should I need to send my passport/citizenship certificate along with the application?

Also just wondering whether NCS will take the application on behalf of my wife and child, if I go and submit it? Any idea or anybody tried it?

As always appreciate your support

Cheers,
-Senthil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Supporting Documents for Spouse Naturalisation and MN1

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:39 am

spzenthil wrote:Hi Gurus,

I will be getting my british citizenship certificate in a week (after my ceremony). The easiest option to apply for my wife and daughter is through NCS but I am not sure whether my wife can travel at the minute. so I am looking for sending the documents through post. What do you mean 'wife can't travel' to go to NCS??

I am trying to find out what all documents should be sent for the spouse of british citizen and for registering a child using MN1.

Spouse
1. AN Application form
2. Fees Slip filled in
3. Passport (all)
4. BRP card
5. Life in UK test
6. English language requiremet (University degree certificate and NARIC ELA ceritificate)
7. Do I need to include my british citizenship ceriticate??

Child
1. MN1 form
2. Payment form
3. Passport
4. BRP card Does child have ILR? Where was child born?

My main question should I need to send my passport/citizenship certificate along with the application? Yes you have to send it if she is applying as spouse of BC based on 3 years residence and holding ILR.

Also just wondering whether NCS will take the application on behalf of my wife and child, if I go and submit it? Any idea or anybody tried it?

Cheers,
-Senthil
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:50 am

spzenthil wrote:Also just wondering whether NCS will take the application on behalf of my wife and child, if I go and submit it? Any idea or anybody tried it?

Cheers,
-Senthil
If someone applies via NCS the applicant (adult) has to present themselves for interview.
You can't just drop the bundle off on their behalf.

Why can't wife 'travel'? Is she incapacitated or out of the country?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

spzenthil

Post by spzenthil » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:13 pm

Thanks CR001 and noajthan for the response.

My wife is pregnant so I am trying to see whether I can avoid her travel as I am in N.I and have to come to England/Scotland to apply through NCS.

My child was born out of UK and she has ILR currently.

so looks like the option of applying through NCS just me going is ruled out.

Yes she does hold ILR and applying under 3 years as spouse of british citizen.

Guess that answers all my questions. So either through post or through take a travel is the option.
Will have a think about it.

Appreciate your response guys as always.

Cheers,
-Senthil