ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Choosing between applying for PR or RC.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zymurgy
Newly Registered

Choosing between applying for PR or RC.

Post by zymurgy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:52 am

Hello everybody. I would like to ask you all knowledgeable people for some advice on applying for PR or RC. I am an EU national who has been living in the UK since October 2011, so just over 5 years:

1st year - Student. Had home country EHIC (but I cannot prove it) + private medical insurance through a scholarship (I don’t have the policy document, but I may be able to obtain it from the insurance company of the funding body). Did not obtain RC, so ta don't apply to me.

2nd year - Student. EHIC expired at some point, was thrown away and never renewed. No private medical insurance. Did some work as a teaching assistant at uni (variable payroll, about £1500 per year according to P60, no NI contributions, I think I have payslips for most months but not all)

3rd and 4th years - Student. Same as 2nd year: no EHIC, no CSI, same uni work as above.

5th year - Working full time.

My questions are:

(1) Was I a qualified person in years 2-4?

(2) Do you know if I can retroactively obtain forms S1/S2/S3? I have my home country’s health card valid (I think!) during my time as an student, but this document is not listed in the application for for PR.

(3) If I do not qualify for PR, how should I apply for RC? I mean, should I say that I was a qualified person since year 2? or only since I started working last year? I don’t want to jeopardise a future PR application!

Many thanks in advance!

noajthan

Re: Choosing between applying for PR or RC.

Post by noajthan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:21 pm

3) The caseworker decides if you were a qp; its not up to you.

If you fail you are not penalised for that;
you just don't get the document.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

johnkk
Greece

Post by johnkk » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:09 pm

zymurgy wrote:
1st year - Student. Had home country EHIC (but I cannot prove it) + private medical insurance through a scholarship (I don’t have the policy document, but I may be able to obtain it from the insurance company of the funding body). Did not obtain RC, so ta don't apply to me.

2nd year - Student. EHIC expired at some point, was thrown away and never renewed. No private medical insurance. Did some work as a teaching assistant at uni (variable payroll, about £1500 per year according to P60, no NI contributions, I think I have payslips for most months but not all)

Having an ehic card is just evidence of csi in another eu Country, not the requirement itself. The home office is ok as long as you can prove you were insured. Having an ehic, expired or not is irrelevant.
What I did is that I called my eu state health service and they sent me back an official letter certifying that I was indeed insured for the relevant period. Didn't have ehic for most of that period and certainly didn't still have the actual card. I got my DCPR.

zymurgy
Newly Registered

Post by zymurgy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:34 am

Thanks. I will try to get a letter from my home country stating that I had CSI… Not sure where to start, but I’ll try!

Since I imagine it is going to take a while until I get that letter, would it be OK to apply for a RC now, and say in 1 month apply for PR?

Or is it not possible/not a good idea to have the two applications pending at the same time? (I will be using the passport return service)