ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Card (BRP) has not arrived

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Being Immigrant
Newly Registered

Residence Card (BRP) has not arrived

Post by Being Immigrant » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:39 pm

Dear All,

I would appreciate your insight and suggestions on the matter.

I submitted by application for a residence card as a direct family member of an EEA national on 01 March 2016. The Home Office approved my application on 07 September 2016 and my documents were returned on 10 September 2016 with the Home Office decision letter stating that I will receive my residence card in 10 working days. To date my residence card has not arrived. I reported the issue to the Delivery Management Team and they came back stating that they have referred the matter to the caseworker. I also wrote to the caseworker, but no response. Upon calling the EEA helpline multiple times, I received a call from UKVI informing that the issue is currently being looked at and they do not know how long will it take before my residence card is delivered to me.

Is it normal for the Home Office to take that long to deliver a residence card?
Is there anyone else on this forum who is in the same situation or faced a situation like this?
I am really frustrated and don't know what to do. Would appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Kind regards

Zhonor

Re: Residence Card (BRP) has not arrived

Post by Zhonor » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:05 pm

The letter should provide you with some information on who to contact if your card has not arrived.

firmbeliever
Newly Registered

Re: Residence Card (BRP) has not arrived

Post by firmbeliever » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Hello,

I was in the same boat. I also applied in March this year. PR was approved on 16/09/16 and received documents plus DCPR on 23/09/16. However, by the 1st of October, PR card still hadn't been delivered. I rang the EU helpline and someone took my details and said that someone would call me back within 5 working days but i never received a call back. I also sent an email to the email address on the approval letter and I received a reply within 3 working days that says that the biometric card was recently produced and would be sent to me within 10 working days. The card finally arrived today, thank God. I would say, keep pestering them. I also filled in the form online used if the biometric card is not received within ten working days. I hope you've received yours or will receive it soon. Its nerve wrecking.