ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krssubbu

British Citizenship

Post by krssubbu » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:43 am

Hi,

I have been hearing that UKBA is going to change the rules for citizenship that its going to close neat year in 2017? is this true ?

1. I have been on Indefinite leave for 5 years so is it advisable to change now ?
2. My passport is running out of pages, when i re-apply for a new passport, do i need to move the ILR visa to new passport ?
3. can i apply for British citizenship with visa in old pages and have new passport for travel ?
4. can i apply for schengen visa with ILR on old passport ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:57 am

krssubbu wrote:Hi,

I have been hearing that UKBA is going to change the rules for citizenship that its going to close neat year in 2017? is this true ? Nonsense. Don't believe everything you 'hear'. For info, UKBA does not exist since 2013. It is Home Office or UKVI.

1. I have been on Indefinite leave for 5 years so is it advisable to change now ? Your choice if you wish to apply for citizenship

2. My passport is running out of pages, when i re-apply for a new passport, do i need to move the ILR visa to new passport ? Probably if you wish to change jobs as you will need a BRP card.

3. can i apply for British citizenship with visa in old pages and have new passport for travel ? Yes, all current and old passports must be submitted. You can apply for citizenship using NCS at the council and you then get to keep your original documents.

4. can i apply for schengen visa with ILR on old passport ? Should be ok, not too sure though.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:27 pm

Thanks CR001

due to Brexit, i have heard roumours saying Citizenship will be stopped - is this something you have heard? if so will it be for people who have obtained ILR 5 years ago ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:29 pm

Nonsense! You should ignore the rumours. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.