ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test requirement for extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adilzia
Member of Standing

English test requirement for extension

Post by adilzia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:14 am

hello guys,

I have passed City & Guilds test few years ago and claimed points in initial application.
I have seen there is city & guilds test option is given in extension application form.
Am i ok to use this certificate in extension application????Coz HO just removed city & guilds test from their approved list.

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: English test requirement for extension

Post by aby00156 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:32 am

You do not need to satisfy the English requirement for your extension, if you have already fulfilled that in your initial application.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

Hassan Rasheed

Post by Hassan Rasheed » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:25 pm

My solicitor advised me for save side I should again pass english test through trinity college and submitted certificate for my visa extension.
Its not important as other guys suggest you but if you have time just incase you should do it.

raj.m
Mood:
India

Post by raj.m » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:08 am

Hassan Rasheed wrote:My solicitor advised me for save side I should again pass english test through trinity college and submitted certificate for my visa extension.
Its not important as other guys suggest you but if you have time just incase you should do it.
There is simply no need. Don't rely completely on your solicitor's advice.

Tier 1 entrepreneur policy guidance, page 60:
Claiming points
233. You can also meet the English language requirement, without the need to provide evidence, if
you were last given permission to stay in the UK:
 under Tier 1 (General), Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) or Tier
1 (Entrepreneur) and are applying for an extension of leave to remain;

adilzia
Member of Standing

Post by adilzia » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:49 am

Thank you guys

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:15 am

Why does UKVI even ask for english proof in extension as every entrepreneur had to prove it for initial application?