ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meaning of confirmation email that my wife received?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rheinallt
Newly Registered

Meaning of confirmation email that my wife received?

Post by Rheinallt » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:26 am

My American wife posted her spouse visa application from the USA to Sheffield last week. A few days before this, she had submitted her online application and then had her biometrics appointment. Three days after she posted her paper application, she received an email, the first paragraph was as follows: "Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer."

Does this mean that they received her paper application, or does it mean they just received her online application?

We have tracked her paper application, and it has been saying the following since it presumably arrived last Thursday: "Your item with reference ************ has reached its PO Box and is awaiting collection/delivery."

It appears from the tracking information that it was delivered to a post box but has not been collected. The email she received stated that her "online application has been received". Is this a generic email that is sent as confirmation that the paper application has also been received? We hope so. We are a bit worried that they might only have received the online application.

Thanks for any help!

rukhsarmanzoor
United Kingdom

Re: Meaning of confirmation email that my wife received?

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:21 am

I received the same generic email a few days after my husband's biometric appointment- by which time I had also tracked and the documents to find they had been signed for. Hopefully this means your whole application is also with them. Will the postage your wife used allow her to track when the documents are collected?
Pakistan Spouse Visa Application
Online Application: 01/08/16
Biometrics: 09/08/16, Islamabad
Supporting docs sent to Sheffield: 09/08/16
Supporting docs received back: 12/08/16
Collection: 02/11/16
Visa granted alhamdulillah!