ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LANGUAGE REQUIRENT FOR NATURALISATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hallian
Newly Registered

LANGUAGE REQUIRENT FOR NATURALISATION

Post by hallian » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:24 pm

HI,
My Mrs applied for ILR last year and got approved for indefinite leave to
remaim on 10/09/2015. She applied for ILR on 10 years stay in country and submitted following Doc.
1) Life in UK test
2)Entry Level Certificate in ESOL Skills for Life(Speaking and Listening)(Entry 3).
The test was taken from Learning Resource Network dated 26/05/2015, OFQUAL regulated. Pass with Merit.
The Certification End Date is 30/11/2017. And it is on
Ofqual Register.
Now she is applying for Naturalisation and a bit confused about different information from different
links. but when I checked Gov.UK website which states following,
If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.
Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.
It doesn’t matter if the B1 level test you took isn’t on the current list of recognised tests. You don’t need to take another test.
Can respected members please inform that will she be ok with same documents for english language and life in UK test by which she applied for settlement and got ILR. AS she is applying for Naturalisation. As to change of rules in Nov 2015. Do they effect her application in light with above info on Direct gov And is that ok that she tick, I met the knowledge of language and Life requirement to qualify for Settlement on or after 28th Oct 2013. Our family is in the country with two daughters and myself having citizenship.
Please can respected members guide us. Thanks.

WR1

Re: LANGUAGE REQUIRENT FOR NATURALISATION

Post by WR1 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:21 pm

As long as the test was used for ILR after 28 October 2013, should be fine to use for BC.

My other half applied using a ESOL Skills for Life Entry 3 certificate awarded by Cambridge (which was used for ILR in 2015) and she had her application approved last month.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

hallian
Newly Registered

Post by hallian » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:46 pm

Thank you very much WR1 for a quick reply. Yes she got ILR last year on the same ESOL entry level 3 test and life in UK test pass. The only thing was test was taken in May 2015 and LRN is not on the list but is Qfqual registered. Appreciate ur taken the time and clearing the confusion. I would appreciate if other members want to share their thoughts and experience.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:06 pm

Cambridge ESOL is not on the current list either but it was still accepted or BC.

Don't worry about it too much, it doesn't matter if the qualification is no longer on the list, as long as it was used for ILR after 28 October 2013, it can be used again for BC. You have even pointed out this in your original post:
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It doesn’t matter if the B1 level test you took isn’t on the current list of recognised tests. You don’t need to take another test.
Have a look at some timeline only threads on here, it gives some information of how people applied stating how the English requirement was met and dates the applications were approved.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided