ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RLMT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krishpa

Changing from Tier2 general dependent visa to Tier 2 General

Post by krishpa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Hello all,

I am working in a firm for 7 months now. now I wanted to switch my visa to Tier 2 general from Tier 2 dependent. I requested to management for the sponsorship as they do have sponsor, they have agreed for that.
they asked me to enquire on documents from their side and my side as they have not sponsored anyone yet.
So I have to get them all the information to give them.

Could you please give me all the details on my query.

It would be really helpful.

Thanks

Kris

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Changing from Tier2 general dependent visa to Tier 2 Gen

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:29 pm

Are you saying that your employer is a Home Office registered Sponsor and are able to issue a COS?

Assuming your position isn't on the official shortage list, do they understand that the proper procedure for RMLT needs to be followed and that you can only be offered the job if after advertising there are no suitable workers already living permanently in the UK. It must be a genuine vacancy.

It would appear at present that you have been pre-selected.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship- ... uitability
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:43 pm

Thank you for your kind reply on my query.
yes, they have sponsorship!
I have been picked through the LinkedIn, I am a software developer. I do not know whether am on shortage list or not at present. basically they asked me to enquire all the relevant details to provide them.
Is RMLT has to be done even though for the existing employee?

Thanks again for your time and reply!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:45 pm

My understanding is yes RMLT is required if you are applying under Tier 2 general. Wait for further advice from others regarding the process.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:49 pm

thank you!
But how can they do RMLT for me as am already on board?

yes, really anxious about the situation now? what are the solutions?

thanks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:54 pm

krishpa wrote:thank you!
But how can they do RMLT for me as am already on board?

yes, really anxious about the situation now? what are the solutions?

thanks!
That's my point. It will be obvious that you have been pre-selected.
(Casa, not CR001)

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:57 pm

thank you for your prompt replies!

But what are the solutions for me, anyone could you please clarify on my query?

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:07 am

Hello all,

I'm still waiting to hear from you all for an advise on my query.

Am working with the firm for more than 6 months.

What are requirements for get the COS from the employer as they ready to sponsor. But they wanted to know procedures for issuing the COS.

Could you please give me your comments on this.

Looking forward to hear from you all!

Thanks

Kris

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:05 am

Casa wrote:Are you saying that your employer is a Home Office registered Sponsor and are able to issue a COS?

Assuming your position isn't on the official shortage list, do they understand that the proper procedure for RMLT needs to be followed and that you can only be offered the job if after advertising there are no suitable workers already living permanently in the UK. It must be a genuine vacancy.

It would appear at present that you have been pre-selected.

Have you and your employer taken the time to read through ALL the information in the link I posted for you? :?: :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:07 am

RLMT is needed.
You have to apply tier 2 general from home country.
u will need restricted cos. Note this again, u cant apply with un-restricted cos. Read this line again and memorize it.

They can advertise the position and run interview etc and see if they can find someone.. if they can, then they cant sponsor u (even if they dont take on that person as they already have u). If they cant find a suitable person here, then using that information (aka rlmt), they can apply a cos for u.

working for them and getting sponsored are 2 things.. on cos they will be certifying from date they want to sponsor u, not employ u. these are 2 different things..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:11 am

Thanks to iworker. I was about to post the link showing that you are unable to switch from Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General from within the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa
(Casa, not CR001)

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:12 pm

Thank you for all your comments.

Lastly, they are A rating as well as am having of 2k maintenance for more than 3 months.

I have completely my masters in India is that sufficient for the English requirements?

Could you please figure out on these?

Krish

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:18 pm

krishpa wrote:Thank you for all your comments.

Lastly, they are A rating as well as am having of 2k maintenance for more than 3 months.

I have completely my masters in India is that sufficient for the English requirements?

Krish
1. Rating A simply means that they have a valid license to sponsor , it doesn't give your sponsor any special status.
2. Maintainenance can be personal or certified by the sponsor. This would come into play when you have the requisite CoS & make an application. 2k if maintained continuously for 90 days near the time of application would be sufficient should your employer not certify it.
3. English language requirements - You would need a statement of comparability from UK NARIC and also evidence that your degree was taught in English. The degree alone wouldn't suffice.

Looking at your previous posts, I am puzzled if your employer has a sponsorship license , they are asking you to investigate about these requisites.

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:12 pm

Thank you on your valuable comments!

Yes, they asked me to enquire as they haven't sponsored anyone yet!

I have told them these already. Will see what happens.

Thank you all

Krish

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:05 am

Thank you for your traffic response back.

What you meant on that Uk NARC, it won't be suffice? Which means we need to have the IELTS bands in hand?

Thanks

Krish

gag285 wrote:

Krish
1. Rating A simply means that they have a valid license to sponsor , it doesn't give your sponsor any special status.
2. Maintainenance can be personal or certified by the sponsor. This would come into play when you have the requisite CoS & make an application. 2k if maintained continuously for 90 days near the time of application would be sufficient should your employer not certify it.
3. English language requirements - You would need a statement of comparability from UK NARIC and also evidence that your degree was taught in English. The degree alone wouldn't suffice.

Looking at your previous posts, I am puzzled if your employer has a sponsorship license , they are asking you to investigate about these requisites.
gag285 wrote:

Krish

krishpa

RLMT

Post by krishpa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:04 am

Hello Everyone,

How many ads should be given for the RLMT?

As my employer has given on only one, is that sufficient to prove the RLMT?

Thanks advance

Kris

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: RLMT

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:30 am

Job ad should be on two portals as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:57 am

Thank you! I'll ask them to make sure.

Could you please tell me what are the portals they are looking into?

Kris

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:08 am

Did you not provide your sponsor with the link that Casa posted in your other topic on 27th September?? Your sponsor should have made sure they are up to speed with the sponsor duties etc.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1403650

See the link below too

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:10 am

krishpa wrote:Hello Everyone,

How many ads should be given for the RLMT?

As my employer has given on only one, is that sufficient to prove the RLMT?

Thanks advance

Kris
It's a concern if an employer who is a sponsor is unaware of all this.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

krishpa

Post by krishpa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:51 am

Yes that's surprising me!

Thank you all