ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility confusion

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ab123
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility confusion

Post by ab123 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi

Would appreciate if someone can help assessing my eligibilty for ILR.

Last five year history:

First came to UK betwwen 6th Oct 2002 - 4th Dec 2002 on business visa for employer 'A'
- Then on 6 month WP between 27th Dec'02 - 27 June ' 03 for same employer 'A'
- WP extended for 1 year 28 June' 03 - 27 jun '04 for same employer 'A'

Went out of UK for deputation to India for business reasons on 17 oct' 03, though it was intially planned for 2-3 months but for personal reasons (marriage, holiday) and business reasons (training, project work) could only come back on 12th Jun '04 on the existing WP visa for the same employer
Can get letter from employer to prove that this was indeed business deputation and all this while was employed with them. Also there was no break in Visa/FLR

- WP extended again for 1 year 28 June' 04 - 27 jun '05 for same employer 'A'

In april'05 I resigned from employer 'A' as found a better job with employer 'B'. Since I had to serve three month notice as per contract, was again sent to India to train the resources who were suppose to take over from me.
In the meanwhile by april end 05 I got my new WP from employer 'B' which was an in-country application as was the case at the time of application; but since I was in India at the time of stamping, british embassy in delhi asked me to get this WP converted as out-of-country which I received back by may end. This time I got entry clearance visa stamped instead of FLR on 9th June'05 valid till 8th june 2010. I flew back to UK on 24th July'05 after finishing my notice period with employer 'A'.

From 25 Jul'05 till 30th Jun'06 stayed with this employer 'B'.

In july'06 Started with third employer 'C' again on five year visa valid from 27th June'06 till 27 June 2011, with whom I am currently working with.

Confusion:

So, in effect I have no break in my visa and FLR but had twice was outside UK for long duration:

1. Between 17 oct'03 - 12 june '04 when i was deputed outside uk for business reasons - No break in visa

2. Between 17 Apr'05 - 24 july '05 - Changed job and hence sent to INdia to do handover. No visa break, though has to get entry clearance instead of FLR as out-of-country application.

Suggestions/advice on my potential eligibilty for ILR now ?

Thanks in advance

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:02 am

tricky

relax

i am in same boat but so long u can present yr case , i think u should be fine