ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit expire and Employer wants to terminate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mayakanon
Newly Registered

EEA Family permit expire and Employer wants to terminate

Post by mayakanon » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:21 pm

My EEA Family Permit Expired on 28 August. I have applied for EEA FM on 12 September. On 28 September I get the letter for Biometric. On 13 October I have done my Biometric. My Question is:

1. The letter for Biometric is called COA? or is there another letter I will get?
2. My understanding from website was I am eligible to work in UK even I don't apply for EEA FM as I am a spouse of EU citizen and my spouse is also working in UK. Is that correct? If yes, then how could I prove that to employer?
3. I work is a local bank in UK. They are saying that they contract with Home-office for the issue and they confirm I am eligible to stay here afte visa expire and I am not eligible to work after my EEA Familt permit expire. Is that correct? If no, then where I can get the information to show my employer?
4. As I already applied for EEA FM, but still my employer saying that I am not eligible to work. If that correct? If no, then how can prove my right to work now?

Please can someone help me??

noajthan

Re: EEA Family permit expire and Employer wants to terminate

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:32 pm

mayakanon wrote:My EEA Family Permit Expired on 28 August. I have applied for EEA FM on 12 September. On 28 September I get the letter for Biometric. On 13 October I have done my Biometric. My Question is:

1. The letter for Biometric is called COA? or is there another letter I will get?
2. My understanding from website was I am eligible to work in UK even I don't apply for EEA FM as I am a spouse of EU citizen and my spouse is also working in UK. Is that correct? If yes, then how could I prove that to employer?
3. I work is a local bank in UK. They are saying that they contract with Home-office for the issue and they confirm I am eligible to stay here afte visa expire and I am not eligible to work after my EEA Familt permit expire. Is that correct? If no, then where I can get the information to show my employer?
4. As I already applied for EEA FM, but still my employer saying that I am not eligible to work. If that correct? If no, then how can prove my right to work now?

Please can someone help me??
1) No that's just a letter to enrol biometrics.
A COA is Certificate of Application - different document;
as a direct FM it should confirm your right to work until RC is finally issued.

2) Yes.
Tricky to convince an ignorant/poorly-briefed and/or misinformed employer without RC; (but see #4)

3) Nonsense - employer is grossly misinformed; as you say you have a spouse/sponsor who is a qualified person.

4) Teach employer HR to do their job (suggest invoice them for the training you provide :wink: );
Get employer up to speed here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... yers-guide
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

mayakanon
Newly Registered

Post by mayakanon » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:01 pm

noajthan wrote: 4) Teach employer HR to do their job (suggest invoice them for the training you provide :wink: );
Get employer up to speed here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... yers-guide
I am afraid to read the above link - Page 34
''Certificate of Application
From 6 April 2015, an application by a non EEA Family Member of an EEA National for
a Residence Card or Derivative Residence Card will only be considered valid at the
point at which the applicant successfully enrols their biometric information. ............

.....the applicant will be issued with a Certificate of Application which states that the
individual has a right to work in the UK whilst their application for a Residence Card or
Derivative Residence Card is being considered.....''

So is that new law that I will get the COA ??

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:34 pm

As spouse of a qualified person you should receive a COA with right to work.

If an applicant is an unmarried partner they would not (unless they had applied before expiry of current valid FP/RC).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.