ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

comprehensive sickness insurance before 20th June 2011

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Darney
Newly Registered

comprehensive sickness insurance before 20th June 2011

Post by Darney » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Dear all
I would like to know if a EAA national does have to provide a comprehensive sickness insurance to his/her application for a Document Certifying Permanent Residence (EEA(PR)) for a period as a Job Seeker and/or Self-Sufficient Person which occurred before 20th June 2011.

I ask since to my best knowledge there was no such requirement before this date. Indeed the "Notice 07 11 Comprehensive sickness insurance revised and reissued" https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/cy/reque ... issued.pdf from 9th August 2011 states under C (4.):
"From 20th June 2011 EEA nationals applying for documentation confirming their right to reside in the UK as a student or self-sufficient person must present one of the following forms of evidence in order to demonstrate comprehensive sickness insurance."

I personally cannot imagine this rule could be applied retrospectively, that means for periods of Self-Sufficiency before 20th June 2011.

Does anybody has made any experience regarding this so far? Any advice most welcome!
Thank you

LilyLalilu

Re: comprehensive sickness insurance before 20th June 2011

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:59 pm

Jobseekers don't need CSI, only students and self-sufficient applicants do.
The requirement was there before 2011, it just wasn't enforced until then.
The only people exempt from the requirement are those who were issued with a Residence Card before 20/06/2011 as a student (there are no transitional arrangements for self-sufficient people I'm afraid).
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Darney
Newly Registered

Post by Darney » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:49 pm

LilyLalilu wrote:Jobseekers don't need CSI, only students and self-sufficient applicants do.
The requirement was there before 2011, it just wasn't enforced until then.
The only people exempt from the requirement are those who were issued with a Residence Card before 20/06/2011 as a student (there are no transitional arrangements for self-sufficient people I'm afraid).
Thank you for answer
can I have a job seeker status and not to be registered in a Jobcentre Plus? I came over from Europe at the end Dec 2010, had 2 interviews in Jan 2011 and started working 1st Feb 2011. I arranged my bank account 24th Dec 2010. I do not think they could let me register into a JobCentrePlus directly after I came in the UK just for 1 month... Am I right?
In other words can I claim a jobseeker status for the first month after entering the UK only and not be registered in Jobcentre Plus? Just need to know should I claim this one moth as a job seeker or rather a self-sufficient person... And yes, I have no CSI for this Jan 2011.
Any advice most welcomed

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:07 pm

You can, as long as you have paperwork to prove you were looking for jobs (e.g. application acknowledgement emails/letters, invitations to interview etc). Out of interest, why don't you just leave out this one month and start your five-year qualifying period from February when you started work?
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.