ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Equivalency of Professional Audit Certifications

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

martian786
Newly Registered

UK Equivalency of Professional Audit Certifications

Post by martian786 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:39 am

Dear All

I hold following professional certificatiosn in Auditing.

1. Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) from Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), USA.

2. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) from The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), USA.

CISA and CIA are internationally recognised professional qualifications. These are also acceptable in UK job market.

Kindly advise me about equivalency of CISA and CIA with UK qualifications and education. How many points I can claim based on above certfications?

Regards

Mart

martian786
Newly Registered

Post by martian786 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:41 am

I have received following reply from Institute of Internal Auditors - UK with respect to my above query:

Quote:
Institute of Internal Auditors – UK and Ireland recognises the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification as equivalent to the IIA Advanced Diploma in Internal Auditing and Management (MIIA) and therefore CIA qualified students who reside temporarily in the UK can apply to use the MIIA designation.

The IIA Advanced Diploma has been recognised by the Open University to be of post-graduate level. This is not to say that it is equivalent to a degree.

CISA qualification from ISACA gives holders one exemption from Q1 Business Information Systems Auditing exam of the IIA Qualification in Computer Auditing.
Un-Quote

This means CIA from USA = MIIA from UK
and MIIA = UK Post Graduate Diploma

Can anybody advise me that who (NARIC or IIA-Uk) will issue equalivency certificate for my CIA? How many points I can claim for my CIA if it is equal UK post graduate diploma?

Regards

Mart