ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help on retained rights of residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wrn13
Newly Registered

help on retained rights of residence

Post by Wrn13 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:23 pm

hi guys,im about to apply for divorce with my eea spouse as she got a new boyfriend.but im worried about my future along with my visa status here.what should i do to secure my visa.
we got married in may 2013,got my visa on january 2015.any suggestions will be highly appreciated. thnx

too old
Pakistan

Re: help on retained rights of residence

Post by too old » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:53 am

if you were married in 2013 then SAME MONTH IN 2016 will take you nicely to three years of marriage. make that happen and if possible the divorce proceedings should not start before your 3rd anniversary

after that if your ex/ current eea family member was exercising treaty rights at the initiation of proceedings for divorce untill completed,
and you have lived under one roof for 1 year,
moreover yourself are employed as we speak or from the date your divorce certificate gets issued you can aim for ROR