ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline to send passport for oci stamp?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

everfor

Timeline to send passport for oci stamp?

Post by everfor » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:35 pm

My son OCI is progress and we have travel to india sooner, so planning to apply tourist visa for my son and plan to stay for 2 to 3 months.

After approval for oci stamping, is there max timelines for sending the passport?

rmukherjee
United Kingdom

Re: Timeline to send passport for oci stamp?

Post by rmukherjee » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:43 am

everfor wrote:My son OCI is progress and we have travel to india sooner, so planning to apply tourist visa for my son and plan to stay for 2 to 3 months.

After approval for oci stamping, is there max timelines for sending the passport?
I sent the passport to get the OCI booklet one month after it arrived from Delhi. However I had spoken to the High Commission in advance and they assured me that one month delay isn't a problem. If you assume your OCI documents will be returned from Delhi 6 weeks later, how many weeks afterwards is your son and his passport back in the UK? Check with the high commission if they can hold the paperwork for that long. Check with VFS also, just in case VFS will "forget" about you after 2 months or so.