ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel before receiving my letter of curtailment?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KikiD
Newly Registered

Can I travel before receiving my letter of curtailment?

Post by KikiD » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:07 pm

I recently quit my job. I was on a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion). My previous sponsor has already contacted HO to let them know I have resigned. I have not yet received my letter of curtailment.

I was wondering if I am able to travel outside the country BEFORE receiving my letter of curtailment.

My previous sponsor before this lost their license and I was able to travel outside the country (I had not yet received my curtailment letter). I received my letter of curtailment while I was already outside the country via email. At that point, I had already found a new sponsor and they had issued a CoS but I had not yet applied for the new visa.

When I returned to the border control, they let me go through because I was already outside the country when I received the letter and had a new CoS.

This is a bit of a different case as I have left the job rather than the sponsorship license being lost.

I was wondering if any body had any advice on this

Thanks,

K

vinny

Re: Can I travel before receiving my letter of curtailment?

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:15 am

You may depart the UK. But you may be unable to return under your current leave.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

maggiech
Newly Registered

Re: Can I travel before receiving my letter of curtailment?

Post by maggiech » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:41 pm

vinny wrote:You may depart the UK. But you may be unable to return under your current leave.
similar situation here, but I am back UK. Would this travel affect my new Tier 2 application?