ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT- Retention of the right of residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

belegurth

URGENT- Retention of the right of residence

Post by belegurth » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Hi all,

Me and my EU national husband will be divorcing. He havent filed any papers yet. He said all of a sudden he wants to divorce and unfortunately he has someone in his life but only online dating so far.

We got married on 12/2014 and got my EEA2 visa on 12/06/2015. and we are living together since 12/2013.

How can i retain my rights?

Help would be super appreciated! :roll:

noajthan

Re: URGENT- Retention of the right of residence

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:21 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:49 am

if you were married in december 2014 then december 2016 will take you nicely to three years of marriage. make that happen and if possible the divorce proceedings should not start before your 3rd anniversary

after that if your ex/ current eea family member was exercising treaty rights at the initiation of proceedings for divorce untill completed,
and you have lived under one roof for 1 year,
moreover yourself are employed as we speak or from the date your divorce certificate gets issued you can aim for ROR

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:55 am

I BEG YOUR PARDON WITH my simple maths december 2017 will be your 3rd anniversary not this december. apologies
i dont think you can delay divorce untill then. i suggest get together with family and make every effort to settle things down with out breaking the family bond