ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 & EEA4 application question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Remawirah
Newly Registered

EEA3 & EEA4 application question

Post by Remawirah » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Hi,

After HO's confirmation that the 85 page PR application is not mandatory (see link below) my wife and will be applying for PR on the 41 page EEA3 application. My wife is an EU national and will be applying for DCPR and am from a commonwealth country and will be applying for PR.

In Section 2 it states that "Non-EEA national family members wishing to apply for permanent residence
should complete form EEA4." Does this mean that on top of including myself in EEA3 application (sections 2,8,9,10,11,12) that i also need to fill in the EEA4 form. Does anyone have a link for the EEA4 application, i have tried googling whole afternoon but was unsuccessful.

many thanks for your kind help.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/home-of ... mandatory/

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: EEA3 & EEA4 application question

Post by ohara » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Do you have a link to the versions of the forms you are using? As far as I know, the EEA3 form is for EEA nationals and EEA4 is for non-EEA family members of EEA nationals.

There is a really old modified EEA3 form floating around this forum which is only 13 pages long and only has 7 sections. A few members have successfully used this.

Remember if you are using the old forms, you will need to include the payment page (if you are using really old forms they might not have this as there never used to be a fee). Also the non-EEA person will need to include the biometrics section from the EEA(PR) form as again this wasn't a requirement when the old forms were issued. Make sure you post them to the correct address as this has also changed since the old forms were published.

Remawirah
Newly Registered

Post by Remawirah » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:36 pm

Thanks Ohara. Please see below the link for the form am using. Please can you share the link for the 13 page form.
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... _06-14.pdf

I intend to include the payment and biometric forms off the 85page application.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:43 pm

Remawirah wrote:I intend to include the payment and biometric forms off the 85page application.
Having looked at that form you linked, I am right and you will need to complete separate forms. The EEA3 form should only be filled in with the details of the EEA national (your wife). She should not include you on that form in section 2 (or any others) as you are not an EEA family member. You will need to complete your own EEA4 form, listing your wife as the sponsor.

The 13 page EEA3 form is here. It is from 2008 but has been modified by a member of this forum to bring the information up to date. It has the correct address and payment page from the current EEA(PR) form. Unfortunately there isn't a similar EEA4 form, but if you look through the government archive website you should be able to find an EEA4 form from a similar period and use that along with the current payment and biometric pages.

It's worth noting that if you are confident enough, you can go commando and apply without using a form. You can read up on what information is required for the application in the caseworker guidance here (pages 14 & 15). You may also be surprised to learn how much extra information the HO forms actually ask for versus what is legally required.

Remawirah
Newly Registered

Post by Remawirah » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Really appreciate the prompt reply.

Am a bit confused now because on the EEA3 application in section 2 states that
"SECTION 2 – Family Members Included in your Application
Please give details below of any EEA national family members included in the application. If
more than 3 family members are applying, please give their details on a photocopy of this page,
enclose it with the form, and place the photographs in the envelope attached to section 1 as
instructed there. Non-EEA national family members wishing to apply for permanent residence
should complete form EEA 4."
I took that to mean that as a spouse am my wife's famiy member and therefore should be included in application. Am I misinterpreting the statement?

I will dig through the archives tomorrow for the EEA4 application.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Remawirah wrote:Really appreciate the prompt reply.

Am a bit confused now because on the EEA3 application in section 2 states that
"SECTION 2 – Family Members Included in your Application
Please give details below of any EEA national family members included in the application. If
more than 3 family members are applying, please give their details on a photocopy of this page,
enclose it with the form, and place the photographs in the envelope attached to section 1 as
instructed there. Non-EEA national family members wishing to apply for permanent residence
should complete form EEA 4."
I took that to mean that as a spouse am my wife's famiy member and therefore should be included in application. Am I misinterpreting the statement?

I will dig through the archives tomorrow for the EEA4 application.
The key is in the wording:-
Please give details below of any EEA national family members included in the application.

Non-EEA national family members wishing to apply for permanent residence should complete form EEA 4
You are not an EEA national.

Remawirah
Newly Registered

Post by Remawirah » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:22 pm

thanks for clarifying.

Remawirah
Newly Registered

Post by Remawirah » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:05 pm

Here is a link for the EEA4 application.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... -form-eea4

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:15 pm

That will work, but you can probably find an even shorter (older) version to use. There's no need to include or even print the pages which don't apply to you (Surinder Singh etc).

Remember to use current payment and biometric pages from EEA(PR). Make sure you post to the address stated on the EEA(PR) form also.

Remawirah
Newly Registered

Post by Remawirah » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Many thanks for all your help.