ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visa New (Changes 6 months to 3 months)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

owais5
Newly Registered

Family Visa New (Changes 6 months to 3 months)

Post by owais5 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:52 pm

Dear fellow members,

As you might be aware of the propsed consultation within BIA with our new immigration minister Liam Bryne bring in sweeping changes apparently which has truly shaken and woken up the migrant community in particular.

I was extremely disappointed to note that the current especially family member visa would be effected. I strongly feel this is a violation of human rights as the home office is acting as direct interference to maintain long term family ties. There are procedures already in place one family members have to show their tickets, 2 they have to satisfy the genuity to the entry clearance officer, and if they have already been safe visitors before why should they be penalised.

The point i am trying to make is that i am currently researching on how to respond the current consulation as we all should give a strong reply to the ministers involved for the proposed changes are just unacceptable. I have alot of points to disucss but at the momemnt i feel that we all should come together as a migrant community and oppose this. Everyone of us has the responsibity and send in their responses:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... tionpaper/

This way atleast we can be sure that our voice are heard , as i feel we really should create and sign a strong petition to sign this and sent it to the home office. I would be interested to see what suggestion might be on offer and how this problem can be dealt legally. You guys can email me directly if you want to share your views at my email as well owais_razzak@hotmail.com I will be checking the posts regurlarly as well.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Family Visa New (Changes 6 months to 3 months)

Post by sakura » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:13 pm

owais5 wrote:Dear fellow members,

As you might be aware of the propsed consultation within BIA with our new immigration minister Liam Bryne bring in sweeping changes apparently which has truly shaken and woken up the migrant community in particular.

I was extremely disappointed to note that the current especially family member visa would be effected. I strongly feel this is a violation of human rights as the home office is acting as direct interference to maintain long term family ties. There are procedures already in place one family members have to show their tickets, 2 they have to satisfy the genuity to the entry clearance officer, and if they have already been safe visitors before why should they be penalised.

The point i am trying to make is that i am currently researching on how to respond the current consulation as we all should give a strong reply to the ministers involved for the proposed changes are just unacceptable. I have alot of points to disucss but at the momemnt i feel that we all should come together as a migrant community and oppose this. Everyone of us has the responsibity and send in their responses:

This way atleast we can be sure that our voice are heard , as i feel we really should create and sign a strong petition to sign this and sent it to the home office. I would be interested to see what suggestion might be on offer and how this problem can be dealt legally. You guys can email me directly if you want to share your views at my email as well owais_razzak@hotmail.com I will be checking the posts regurlarly as well.
Do you mean the reduction in visit visas from six months to three months is a violation of human rights?

If so, I don't agree - who is a genuine visitor for six months? A lot of countries have max. 90 days visit visas....reducing it to three doesn't infringe anyone's rights. Also, many countries require you to have a return tickets to obtain a visa, it's not unusual.

If you are referring to the 'bond'...then I can agree somewhat with the proposal of introducing monetary sponsorship, as I don't think that would work, and would affect poorer families who cannot 'pay up'.

owais5
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visa New (Changes 6 months to 3 months)

Post by owais5 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:03 am

sakura wrote:
owais5 wrote:Dear fellow members,

Do you mean the reduction in visit visas from six months to three months is a violation of human rights?

If so, I don't agree - who is a genuine visitor for six months? A lot of countries have max. 90 days visit visas....reducing it to three doesn't infringe anyone's rights. Also, many countries require you to have a return tickets to obtain a visa, it's not unusual.

If you are referring to the 'bond'...then I can agree somewhat with the proposal of introducing monetary sponsorship, as I don't think that would work, and would affect poorer families who cannot 'pay up'.

hi Sakura,

thanks for your thoughts, really shows how difficult it may be to put up a strong argument against this!
Well Let me bring in some more information in regards to affecting the family visa category. First of all the current visitor visa for six months is valid for all vistor categories be it family or business. I feel it is unfair to ammalgamate both categories into one and regularizing to both 3 months. Secondly this affects directly a migrant community specially take for my case in example my parents have been visiting me regularly sometimes staying with me for a couple of months sometimes even for 3 once a year. Now with increase in HSMP migration it is suffice to say that current six month scheme seemed fairly flexible and accomadating to maintain family ties. For instance there have been times when my parents have already been issues visa and they have used up 2 months already in homecountry and then made arrangements to come to Uk. Now with 3 months all family visitors have really got to be on their toes to have a on the spot travel programme. My argument is that since procedures are already in place to spot the bad guys who misuse this visa why are they restricting family visa applicants. After all how many cases have they caught. On their own admission at homeoffice website they claim to have 1 % of overstayers according to the 2005 estimate.

I would also like to bring to notice that as you have mentioned other countries like Australia and canada have much more robust immigration policy which allows immigrants to sponsor their parents permanently in UK. However UK only allows this which is if ur parents are over 65 again chances of gaining this approval are next to impossible as per the advise of IAS.