ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uncomfortable Questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_distressed

Uncomfortable Questions

Post by hsmp_distressed » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:00 am

Hello Everyone,
After a prolonged wait I got my HSMP approval. :) I intend to start looking at filing EC and I have started reading through the EC related posts. Here are my initial set of questions people, and I would appreciate if you all could help me out!
1. I want to only show my mother as a dependent in my EC filing. Is there any specific way to go about it? What has been your experience people?
2. Do the verification folks (Integra) contact the current company HR? This is so complicated, how do you guys/girls handle it? My manager would eat me for breakfast if something like this happens ever.
3. In the last 6 months' payslip, if there is a gap (changing jobs) how do you go about handling it?
4. What is the typical time to get a EC from Hyderabad, India? What about Kolkata, India?

Let me know people, I would be waiting.

pdeshpande

Post by pdeshpande » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:48 am

Dear hsmp_distressed,

Congrats on your HSMP approval.

1. You can apply for a dependent visa only for your spouse and any children below 18 yrs of age(I am not sure abt the age factor though)

2. IntegraScreen folks do call your current company and speak to your HR and if the need be, speak even with you. In my case they spoke with my HR Manager and also with me.

3. You will need to give all the job details in the last 1 year. If you have changed jobs more than once in the last year, you will need to give all these details. I also think Integra will call all of your last 1 yrs employers and cofirm.

4. Typical time to get EC is between 15 to 18 workng days. I got my EC on the 18th working day.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

pdeshpande

rvag
Newly Registered

Re: Uncomfortable Questions

Post by rvag » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:47 am

Q 2. this is a bit touchy in most scenarios; but this is the only way that information can be authenticated also; I took the approach of not telling my company; when the call came through they were under moral obligations to tell the truth which is good for me; after that I encoutered rough waters with the company which I do not care anymore; once the compnay realizes that you do not care about their job they go forward in looking for replacement for you and not bother you too much.

Q 3. You do not have to manage it; they just wanted to see if you have consistent income in line with your declaration in your HSMP if you have moved on probably you would have moved on for better salary which is always good.

Thx.
hsmp_distressed wrote:Hello Everyone,
After a prolonged wait I got my HSMP approval. :) I intend to start looking at filing EC and I have started reading through the EC related posts. Here are my initial set of questions people, and I would appreciate if you all could help me out!
1. I want to only show my mother as a dependent in my EC filing. Is there any specific way to go about it? What has been your experience people?
2. Do the verification folks (Integra) contact the current company HR? This is so complicated, how do you guys/girls handle it? My manager would eat me for breakfast if something like this happens ever.
3. In the last 6 months' payslip, if there is a gap (changing jobs) how do you go about handling it?
4. What is the typical time to get a EC from Hyderabad, India? What about Kolkata, India?

rely

Re: Uncomfortable Questions

Post by rely » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:28 am

Always take your employer in confidence and tell him that you are applying for a " tourist visa".This will save you from blushes.
rely

rvag wrote:Q 2. this is a bit touchy in most scenarios; but this is the

only way that information can be authenticated also; I took the approach

of not telling my company; when the call came through they were under moral obligations to tell the truth which is good for me; after that I encoutered rough waters with the company which I do not care anymore; once the compnay realizes that you do not care about their job they go forward in looking for replacement for you and not bother you too much.

Q 3. You do not have to manage it; they just wanted to see if you have consistent income in line with your declaration in your HSMP if you have moved on probably you would have moved on for better salary which is always good.

Thx.
hsmp_distressed wrote:Hello Everyone,