ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa expires before mine? (December)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ken2000ac
Newly Registered

Dependent visa expires before mine? (December)

Post by ken2000ac » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:25 am

I'm on a Tier 2 Minister of Religion, and changed jobs last year. When we inquired in Croydon, they advised that it was not necessary to make immediate changes to my wife's visa at the time.

My sponsored visa expires in December 2018, but my wife's visa expires December 2016 in line with my original sponsorship. To complicate matters, she is travelling to the US for Christmas to visit her terminally ill mother so we're quite keen to ensure she can travel there and back without any issue.

I'm struggling to find the right application form or route to take - grateful for any advice.

vinny

Re: Dependent visa expires before mine? (December)

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:25 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ken2000ac
Newly Registered

Post by ken2000ac » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:01 pm

Thank you kindly; really very much appreciated!

If I have any issues applying for her I'll respond to this thread.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:25 pm

ken2000ac wrote:Thank you kindly; really very much appreciated!

Considering the limited time you have. i'd advise you go for priority or premium service. The standard application might not be ready by december.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Djsuccess wrote:

Considering the limited time you have. i'd advise you go for priority or premium service. The standard application might not be ready by december.
If the dependent submits an application before their current visa expires, their existing visa conditions continue and they are protected by section 3C if their current visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ken2000ac
Newly Registered

Post by ken2000ac » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:06 am

CR001 wrote:
Djsuccess wrote:

If the dependent submits an application before their current visa expires, their existing visa conditions continue and they are protected by section 3C if their current visa expires.
I'm aware of this, however a.) she'll need her passport to travel to America and b.) I'm not confident on the Border Force to handle that detail without a fuss anyway.