ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR refused based on gap HO counted

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sujonlondon
Newly Registered

ILR refused based on gap HO counted

Post by Sujonlondon » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Dear sir/madam
At this phase I'm very worried Nd anxious due to my ILR refused, and did not give me even appeal right . could u clarify and advise my case facts,

I came in 16 may 2006 having continuous leave to remain until 3rd Mach 2015 on 2nd March 2015 , I hv applied flr FP then home office refused on 20 th July 2015 on that point I have applied 13th August 2015 flr O but on 17 March 2016 HO refused that application followed by that refusal I made another flr O on 23rd March 2016 and finally varied my ILR application on 28 April 2016.

Now HO stating that from 20th July 2015 I'm overstayer, and have gap approx 1 year and refused,

Do you think it's gap, as I have submitted all my application within 28 days , no applications being invalid, all I paid fees and they refused,

Please read my case and advise.

Thanking you
Regards Mahmud

KhanNW

Re: ILR refused based on gap HO counted

Post by KhanNW » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:14 pm

Sujonlondon wrote:Dear sir/madam
At this phase I'm very worried Nd anxious due to my ILR refused, and did not give me even appeal right . could u clarify and advise my case facts,

I came in 16 may 2006 having continuous leave to remain until 3rd Mach 2015 on 2nd March 2015 , I hv applied flr FP then home office refused on 20 th July 2015 on that point I have applied 13th August 2015 flr O but on 17 March 2016 HO refused that application followed by that refusal I made another flr O on 23rd March 2016 and finally varied my ILR application on 28 April 2016.

Now HO stating that from 20th July 2015 I'm overstayer, and have gap approx 1 year and refused,

Do you think it's gap, as I have submitted all my application within 28 days , no applications being invalid, all I paid fees and they refused,

Thanking you
Regards Mahmud
Sorry to hear about your refusal. According to my understanding, all in-time applications are covered under 3c which counts towards long residence. Any duration in which an appeal is being decided also counts towards 10 years as it is also covered by 3c. NOW, if an application is refused with no right of appeal and within 28 days, if someone applies for further leave to remain, if this application is granted, though the time period was not covered by 3c but this period will be disregarded for the purposes of long residence.

In your case, I believe that the application made on 2nd March was an in-time application covered under 3c. On 20 July, as it was decided without right of appeal, 3c leave ended there (since I can't see Admin review/appeal). The next application was an out of time application though within 28 days period of refusal. As it was also refused, I am in very doubt that the period from 20 July was covered under 3c or if it could be disregarded since this application was unsuccessful.

But it is just my own understanding which could be absolutely wrong. I hope a member with a greater understanding will advice better than this. I wish you find a solution of this problem with the help of other members.

Sujonlondon
Newly Registered

Post by Sujonlondon » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:43 pm

So do you recon regardless of 3c no other fresh application does not count continuous law full residence ? As every time I made application with new grounds , is not fall in descretion? Thank you for your time yo comments and for advising

yhm75

Post by yhm75 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Sujonlondon wrote:Dear sir/madam

Thanking you
Regards Mahmud
hi
in my understanding till 20 july 2015 you cover under 3c
then you are overstay within 28 days you applied flr agin
if that application was successful then your time was disregarded
but that application also refused and your overstay period start from 20 july 2015 and then you applies again flr in that time you are overstayer from 20 july 2015 and you also already used 28 days grace period
sorry
your 10 year continues residence was broken
in my understanding its correct decisions