ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short EEA (PR) form and required documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mia777

Short EEA (PR) form and required documents

Post by mia777 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Hello. I am helping my partner fill out an EEA (PR) application using an older, very short version of the application.

As far as I can tell, the application only asks for a letter from her employer, P60s and payslips.

I've read that people are sending bank statements, council tax bills, flat leases, and other documentation. Is this actually required?

Another question (maybe silly): when the application asks for "1.3 Your full name as in your passport or identity card", should this include the surname which is asked directly below? "JANE ANNE" or "JANE ANNE SMITH"?

Thanks for your help.

LilyLalilu

Re: Short EEA (PR) form and required documents

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:53 pm

What they want the applicant to prove is that they were residing in the UK throughout the qualifying period.
If someone had a full-time job, P60s/employer letters are sufficient as it's impossible to be out of the country whilst working full-time.
Bank statements, bills and tenancy agreements are additional evidence of residence, but not required if your P60s or employer letters already prove residence...I only sent bank statements and bills for the time I was self-sufficient, for the time I was employed I only sent P60s (and employer letters as my P60s were electronic copies) and it was fine.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

mia777

Post by mia777 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Thank you, LilyLalilu!

You actually happened to answer another question I had related to P60s.

Some of them are black and white printouts of an eP60 and say "substitute" so she wrote a cover letter explaining these are what she received from the accounting department. She will also obtain a letter from her employer.

When it asked for your full name, did you include your surname even though it asks directly below?

Thanks!

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:38 pm

I don't remember but I think I put my first name in this field and then my surname in the other. Anyways, even if done wrong, I'm sure the caseworker can put 2 and 2 together, although with the HO you can of course never be sure :P
I think the reason why they ask for 'full name as in your passport' is so that people with multiple first names make sure they put all of them and so that people called Robert don't put Bob instead or something.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

mia777

Post by mia777 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Great! Thanks again for your help.

mia777

Post by mia777 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:14 pm

Do you think it matters if the August 2016 payslip is missing?

All other payslips for 2016 are present.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:15 pm

No it doesn't.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.